• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

M16 or Mini M16 Extractor

707electrician

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Rohnert park, CA
Which, if any, is more ideal and why? I am building a 6br tube gun off a R700 action and will be upgrading the extractor to help with the ejection issues with the 6br case but I am not sure whether to do an M16 or Mini M16 extractor.

Re: M16 or Mini M16 Extractor

Factory remington extractor works fine for the most part. Save the cash and use it for more ammo or something.

One other thing you might want to consider here is that an M16 or Sako extractor added to an M700 seriously compromises it's ability to handle a gas leak, In essence, you've compromised one of their primary strengths and eliminated one of the "three rings of steel" that makes the 700 such a strong, safe action. HAd a very interesting conversation with Allen Hall (Hall actions) about this at a match some years back. I'd had several of these conversions done on my own rifles. Never again, and the factory extractor will do just fine.

I would keep the factory remington extractor but I need the reliability of ejection with the claw style so I dont have spent cases falling back into the action during the rapid fire stages of an across the course match