• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1903 Modified restore complete

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
While I am restoring my gunsmiths computer he was restoring my sights on my 1903 Modified.

Done!

m1903_A.jpg

m1903_B.jpg

Re: M1903 Modified restore complete

I have always been a fan of the 1903s lines and that one is a beautiful example! One of the all-time great battle rifles for sure!!!

What all did your smith do to your '03? Details, man...DETAILS!!
smile.gif

CMP Stock, because the 03 Modified was made in 42 prior to the 03A3 battlefield repairs COULD include a "C" stock so I went with it...ALL ORIGINAL PARTS NEW/USED.

New sights, new metal, original M1907 sling (I've had it with the rifle , acquired in 1976)...

Most parts came from Numrich but after I fixed my smiths computer he let me pick out the best parts from what he had - he's done a LOT of conversions on the 03's over hte years.

FYI it was my gunsmith that built hte 100 year anniversary Springfield M1903 rifle - see below..

http://www.edlapourgunsmithing.com/acgg_18.html

Absolutely FANTASTIC work (on your rifle and the 100th Anniv.)! He is truly a craftsman in the finest sense of the word.

Congrats on the "new" rifle and on being the proud owner of such a fine piece of American history.

i also have a remington 1903 modified. mine is rearsenaled but all parts remington. she shoots great.

That Sir, is one beautiful rifle.

I love original old US military rifles. Looks like a job well done.

Forgot to mention besides 80% NOS parts, it is all Remington, RA 5/42 BBL...all original as well.

My smith is going to fill the two holes that were drilled for the scope mounts and re-groove the lettering...Just don't know when I will have that done, it's minor...

Thanks - and this rifle was in the family since 1976, maybe longer...she served in many a funeral for veterans...

Scott, that is one seriously sweet rifle. If I ever have Heaven smile on me it will be when I have the money in pocket, and a M1917 30-06 Enfield falls into my hands. I prefer it because it has better stand off range that the '03, and is more accurate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I ever have Heaven smile on me it will be when I have the money in pocket, and a M1917 30-06 Enfield falls into my hands</div></div>

You mean like this one. I just picked it up last week, and it's a shooter.

1917%20Enfield.jpg

Scott - This is not an 03A3, this is my original M1903 modified- I've had it since 1976 basically. It was a hunting rifle in the family for 30 years now..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job, now time to sell it to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

LOL< got an LE buddy of mine that claims dibs on it.

Considering I've had it since mid 80's, stepdad got it in 1976 I think the list of people wanting it is long.

ONce upon a time I sold it to an LT in Alaska, who started shooting magpies at 200-300 yards off tree tops. I pointed out it was a federal offense up there and he agreed to sell it back to me when he left...

Then he sold it to the idiot SFC that blew up his basement with an arty sim and called this rifle a POS because it was OLD...so I got it back on the cheap and never sold it again.

Probably never happen
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I ever have Heaven smile on me it will be when I have the money in pocket, and a M1917 30-06 Enfield falls into my hands</div></div>

1917%20Enfield.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice rifle - Got a buddy that has one and I see a LOT of those locally - in the gunshop, goes about $250-$450 for one ...

Very nice!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I ever have Heaven smile on me it will be when I have the money in pocket, and a M1917 30-06 Enfield falls into my hands</div></div>

1917%20Enfield.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice rifle - Got a buddy that has one and I see a LOT of those locally - in the gunshop, goes about $250-$450 for one ...

Very nice!! </div></div>
There was one of these in my family(actually an uncle) that I used to fondle when I was young. He died in 1960 and this, along with an 1873 Springfield, vanished. I still have yet to figure out what happened to them.

I've got a nice '03 that I'm thinking of selling. I had an 03' authority look at it a few years ago and it was all Remington, except the bolt. So I promptly got the correct bolt(stripped)from him, which also headspaced correctly. He also checked the throat erosion and that was nil. I've owned this since 1970 and fired it about 3 times. Kicked like a mule.