• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1903 SRS

Reese91

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Washington, USA
Hi everyone, was wondering if someone with a handy copy of the SRS book could possibly look up my M1903 Serial number 3341393 above the serial is says " U.S. Remington Model 1903". This rifle was given to me by my grandpa and just wanted to get some more background on it see if it has any interesting stories in its past. Sadly someone along the lines butchered the stock but a new one is hopefully on the way from the CMP.

Thanks for your time guys and when I get the time will upload some pics of it.

Oh yeah also the barrel says RA with the bomb below it with 12-42

Re: M1903 SRS

Have you tried looking it up on-line?

Just google "Springfield M1903 Serial Numbers" - you'll find what you are looking for. Plenty of sites publish this info.

It's very late 1942 production (Remington only made M1903 models in 1942, serial numbers ranged from 3000001 to 3348085, from 1943 production was A3's only as far as I know). That ties in with the date on the barrel.

I attempted to find the actual SRS database but I had no luck. Seems that back in 2008 or thereabouts it was removed from being free for the public to use. Just wondering if theres anything interesting in its history like was it issued or if theres nothing no biggie.

reese - no problem, plenty of other guys post the info. Anyway...you've got the info now
wink.gif
Sounds like a nice hand-down. look forward to the pics once you get it back to it's former glory

You're welcome. Glad you like the M1903A1 - it was a really fun project! Hope you enjoy getting your M1903 sorted, it'll be worth the effort.

Reese, the Remington 1903 were contracted from 1941 to sometime in 42. Your barrel is likely original. After that Remington was building the 1903A3.

I have one left to me by my late uncle, he carried on just like it in the Marine Corps in WW2 before they took them away and gave them M1's. one of my favorite rifles.

grats don't mean to jump in to your thread but was looking for info my first 3 digits on my 1903 are 362xxxx just some info of maybe production year or what variant it is would be great

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762forlife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">grats don't mean to jump in to your thread but was looking for info my first 3 digits on my 1903 are 362xxxx just some info of maybe production year or what variant it is would be great </div></div>

Start looking here, http://m1903.com/ then here, http://www.vishooter.net/m1903.html that should get you started.