• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M193 & M80 Accuracy ???

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
How accurate is M193 & M80? Looking for some practice for my son & myself. Neither one of us are very good (yet). I am reloading but thought that we would benefit from more trigger time. Bullets/powder/primer costs about 75% of what M193 & M80 is selling for, so, if this ammo is 'OK' then it would be a good way for me to get some brass. The M193/M80 would be shot at 200 yds. & I would use my reloads for longer range shooting.

Yep. 3-4 MOA. I have shot German DAG93 shoot sub MOA out of a Tikka T3 tactical. I was amazed. That rifle shot almost anything well.

Shooting off a concrete bench and using a bipod/rear bag I have achieved 3/4"-1.5" 5 shot groups at a 100 yards with bulk XM193. This was out of a 20" JP supermatch barreled scoped AR. Not the most consistent ammo by any means, but for short range practice I think it will serve you just fine.

I've shot a lot of M80 out of my 308 AR, typically I could expect about 3MOA with 10 shot groups. Occassionally I'd get a smaller group, down to about 1.5-2", but most often I'd see right around 3MOA. It shot decent enough for me to hit the 18" steel out to 600yds consistently though.

A lot of it may depend on the lot and if you're gun cares for. I'd say worst case 3-4 MOA but 1.5-2 MOA happens from time to time. I have seen one lot of M80 go 1 MOA out of SCAR H but I'd say that's on the rare side of expectations.