• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A-1,000 yds-IRON SIGHTS-short video-mostly 1MOA group

knc1105

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
Texas
This is the Texas Long Range Shooters-Dual Service Rifle winning run in the Long Range Semi Auto Class at 1,000 yds. Most of the 10-shot group is 1-MOA for that distance on a B27 silhouette, wind flags were up and down from 30-80 degrees. This match shooters choice prone or bench, a bipod or bag allowed in the front no bag or support in the rear you had to shoot off your elbows. Be sure and wait till they panback to NO zoom to show the distance, some pretty amazing shooting for open sights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu0LJOb-3d0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting that link. I'm just getting into the long range game and I have been hoping to use my loaded M1A doing it. I'm glad to see it has the potential.

I am more intersted in the spotting scope :) It did a fantastic job showing the hits amid of mirage. May I ask what it is?

Amazing shooting right there. I use to have an accurized M1A with an 18in barrel that I loved shooting iron sights with. Furthest I ever shot was with a sling no front rest at 700 yards and was proud to keep em all on the steal. It was a smith enterprise crazy horse build, I miss that rifle and kick myself daily for selling it.

I am more intersted in the spotting scope :) It did a fantastic job showing the hits amid of mirage. May I ask what it is?

That was a Extreme Range Video camera made years ago by Nikon. They were only made for a month or two. It gets you to 240x. That channel over the years has found and bought four so they have spares since they are no longer available. If you go to that YouTube channel and scroll down they videoed shooting a spray paint can at 2,160 yards and you can see the spray plain as day. You should see the panback to NO zoom on 1-1/4 mile.

Wow, thanks for the info.
it is too bad that they don't make it anymore.

That was a Extreme Range Video camera made years ago by Nikon. They were only made for a month or two. It gets you to 240x. That channel over the years has found and bought four so they have spares since they are no longer available. If you go to that YouTube channel and scroll down they videoed shooting a spray paint can at 2,160 yards and you can see the spray plain as day. You should see the panback to NO zoom on 1-1/4 mile.

Would like more info on the camera, even a picture. I have a Nikon P900, it does 83X and it works pretty well for this type of thing.... But not that well.

Impressive shooting.