• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A DMR Build

AJB

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2007
South Florida
I want to thank everyone that helped me out with many of my M1A questions I had last month. Here is the finished rifle. All I have left to do is duracoat the barrel black.

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

M1A Supermatch w/McMillan stock
Mark 4 M3
Smith 2006 mount
Badger Max 50 low rings
Sadlak Mag release
Oversized bolt release

Re: M1A DMR Build

Very nice looking rifle, Can't wait to hear a range report. Do you have plans of using any type of cheek rest?

I want to get my hands on a McMillan Cheek rest. I am sitting about as low as you can get with the mount/rings that I have but its still not low enough.

I never owned one before and was hoping to get all the right parts. I think the Max 50 rings look sick on it. Good to know I have the approval of a M1A guru like H20MAN
wink.gif

Not exactly I just always wanted an accurate M1A and thanks to thorn on here he traded an Acog for the Mark 4. I have been trying to reduce my collection and this is my new medium to long range zombie killer.

Very nice rifle. I am waiting to pick mine up from the smith. I am having it bedded and the scope mounted. I can hardly wait. Post us a range report when you get the chance.

Still a favorite platform among Military Shooters. Great looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ajb008</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to thank everyone that helped me out with many of my M1A questions I had last month. Here is the finished rifle. All I have left to do is duracoat the barrel black.

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

M1A Supermatch w/McMillan stock
Mark 4 M3
Smith 2006 mount
Badger Max 50 low rings
Sadlak Mag release
Oversized bolt release </div></div>

very nice indeed..

Question? Why the Max 50 low rings? And, is yours an LRB or SAI receiver?

Reasons I ask, is I also am in the process of obtaining a DMR. I had Ted Brown change out my stock SAI barrel for a Match Grade medium weight Criterion, unitized gas system, Sadlak mount, Sadlak extended mag and bolt release. Currently, my rifle is back with Ted again to bed my McMillan ADJ M3A stock. Just need to fid the right scope and I will be all set.

Its a SA receiver, and i will swap out a lot of parts for USGI and save the SA ones for back up parts.

I buy all my rings from SWFA. When I compared prices between Mark 4, Badger, or Badger ordinance the difference was only 20 bucks between all of them. So I went with the Max 50's. I most of all wanted a durable rifle I could beat the shit out of and not lose my zero. I dont believe in overkill
smile.gif

Very nice rifle. There is just something about M1As with the camo stock that I like.

Love them M1A rifles.You did a nice job on that one.

Awesome looking gun. Well done. I have a McMillan stock like that waiting for me to put a gun in it. Enjoy it!

Once my bipod, stock adapter, and gillie wrap arrives in the mail this thing will be done...then on to building a M-24
smile.gif