• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A rail or scope mount

rmbgreen

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
South Carolina
I want to put a scope om my M1A. I have been looking at the low profile Bassett mount. Would a rail be as accurate as a mount and if so which rail would you recommend?

Re: M1A rail or scope mount

My Bassett Picatinny (high) will be here tomorrow, replacing the gen 3 SA I had on the M1a that I never could get to work. My train of thought on this subject is that I want to have the ability to go to the iron sights as back up, with the low mount or the forward rail you will lose this capability. I will be getting the front rail mount so I can instal a light and laser to round out the rifle, not really needed but ya never know.

The best mounts for M1A's are by Smith and Sadlak. It all depends on your needs and wants whether to go with a rail or mount, but a mount is going to be more secure.

Can you get enough of a cheek weld with a strap on cheek pad to use a good scope and mount???