• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A Scope mount

chama

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2005
Kansa
I have been thinking about purchasing a scope mount for my M1A. Any suggestions on what to get, Springfield Armory, Sadlak, or Smith Enterprises?? I know Smith Enterprises are somewhat pricey, but are they worth it. Anybody that has one one of these, would you post the pros or cons of each of them. Thanks.

ARMS 18, Sadlak, or Bassett Machine. SEI has a good mount but the owner is a dick. SAI mounts can be an issue, I've never used one because of the problems I've read about like not holding zero.

I currently have the ARMS 18. It fits great and sits low. I've owned SEI and Sadlak as well.

I have a Bassett machine (for sale, actually!) And it worked great. Sold the rifle but have the mount lying around. Repeatable zero (close enough) when unmounting/remounting as long as you pay attention to torqueing the bolt repeatably.

Basset Machine!
Sadly my last M1A is going to my dealer on Friday, along with bunch of really cool extra parts. :cry:

Basset Machine mounts are super simple to use and install.

Sadlak are rock solid and I enjoy mine. Be sure to order the "Receiver Inspection Kit" if you choose that route.

M1A’s don’t come with scope mounts for a reason. They’re so inaccurate that beyond 100 yards the only use for a scope is to see how much you missed by.

Stick with irons.

I'm looking to do a Sadlak on mine also but they are sold out everywhere and when I talked to I think Dee at Sadlak she said they are a couple months out.

If you ever consider mounting your rifle in a Sage chassis, either the ARMS 18 or appropriate Sadlak mount (if it's ever in stock) will fit without needing to mill the top rail of the chassis. The front screw on the ARMS 18 will need to be replaced with a 6-32x1/8 set screw.