• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A smith

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    Looking for a M14/M1A smith to do some parts fitting, trigger work and bedding on an M1A.
    Thanks for the replies in advance.
    RTH

Location? Springfield cn do it there is art luppino, ken on calguns, i think ted brown take worklike that too. Be careful dont have any old billybob bed the thing if they dont do it right it will shoot worse not better.

Fulton Armory...Clint McKee is GTG. Give them a call and inquire about the options you want, price and timeline. A lot of people always complain that they take too long. However, if you get the information from FA in advance you could always go with somebody else. Plus, if you want it done right - it's worth the wait. BTW, I own 2 FA rifles (FA M14 and an M1 Winchester Carbine) fully built by Clint which are perfect in every way.

my $0.02

I used Warbirds and was happy with the final product. There was a little wait but that is pretty common with a quality smith.

I used Warbird for a USGI Bolt Conversion on my Poly, the guy is kinda an "asshole" but he does good work! I will use him again for all my M14 needs.

I used Warbird for a USGI Bolt Conversion on my Poly, the guy is kinda an "asshole" but he does good work! I will use him again for all my M14 needs.

You are 100% right, he is kind of a jerk but he knows what he's doing and does good work. Definitely not a joy to work with though but he gets it done right the first time.

You are 100% right, he is kind of a jerk but he knows what he's doing and does good work. Definitely not a joy to work with though but he gets it done right the first time.

I am one that could care less what the guy calls me, as long as he charges me a fair price and does good work... and I can vouch for warbird.