• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A with Sage

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
latest aquisition
NM M1A with smithenterprise Scope mount marked M21,

P1400705_zps8843f134.jpg

P1400706_zpsc0389e5e.jpg

I would like to try the CASM Steel mount, any thoughts/

Re: M1A with Sage

put better glass on it and run it as is very nice combo, carried a enhanced m14 with leupold 3.5x10 that looked very similar..
check all mounts out, gas shims, and the front barrel tension set screw . Should shoot very well for what it is. We were getting consistent 1 moa or better out of our m14s
good luck

No offense, by why use a National Match model if going with a EBR? The two main improvements of the NM model (bedding, and unitized gas cylinder) are not utilized by the EBR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense, by why use a National Match model if going with a EBR? The two main improvements of the NM model (bedding, and unitized gas cylinder) are not utilized by the EBR? </div></div>

Actually with the EBR chassis, it's a solid lock up between chassis and reciever. Mine was extremely tight fitting. As far as the gas system goes the shims semi unityze the system. I used a Sadlak Nat Match Op Rod Guide in mine and help a bit with accuracy although even with handloads I was only able to produce 1.75" 5 round groups with 42gr Varget and 168 AMAXs or 168 SMKs. Mine was a standard though. How's the accuracy with yours being that it has a ss bbl? Looks amazing and is making me miss mine.

How much did that cost you to put together? Looks great.

Looks good. I read in shooting times that they wont send any out to troops that wont shoot sub moa, with most shooting .5's. That was the deployment package, with Mk4 Leupy going out with it.

I traded for it, I would say 2400

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did that cost you to put together? Looks great. </div></div>

I know when I was in Iraq I converted my M14 myself, Sage sent me a stock through American Snipers .Org and a Arms mount, that it was I used on my team for the 15 months I was there in the serge,
P1050887.jpg
sc.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groundhogbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good. I read in shooting times that they wont send any out to troops that wont shoot sub moa, with most shooting .5's. That was the deployment package, with Mk4 Leupy going out with it. </div></div>

I'd like to put one of these together some day. One thing I have been confused about...what is the difference between the M14 EBR, M21 EBR, and the M39 EMR? They look extremely similar to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks I was trying to make one simular to my M21 I was issued
316424k376.jpg
</div></div>

That's not an M21, it's an early M39 type mod. M21's were National Matched M14s that were scoped in wood stocks that looked like M14s. They were built by the USAMTU or the USMC. They were built slightly different. M25's were in glass stocks as are the DMRs. M39s are a whole different ball of wax. You'll find that the M21s started with the ART mount, then the 2nd gen and lord knows what people put on them these days.

In the early days of a "scoped" M14, the top strap from the M1C was used with an M14 mount. G&H then went to a 1" ring set. I had two of them. Loved them.

I take it you're hand loading the Sierra 175's? Or using M118LR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to put one of these together some day. One thing I have been confused about...what is the difference between the M14 EBR, M21 EBR, and the M39 EMR? They look extremely similar to me. </div></div>

The M14 was an issue main battle rifle. The M21 was a development of the M14 for sniper use in Vietnam. basically it was a national Match tuned M14 done either by the USAMTU or USMC. The M25 was the M21 in a glass stock (off the M1A stock form based on the PJ Wright match stock), the DMR (designated Marksman Rifle) used by the USMC that got them from Naval stores is in a glass E2 type stock. Don't know or really care about the M39, I don't care for all the gunk on a good rifle (my preference) anymore than I want to shorten the barrel.

I have had marked M21's come through the shop in EBR chassis in Afghanistan. I think with the M14 family of weapons the lines are blurred. Basically you have anything socom does to their weapon and then you have the M39 EBR then standard M14's, then whatever marines bring over with them(don't touch marine equipment so not familiar). Any body running around with socom weapons does pretty much whatever they want to them. I have seen some in the new mcmillian folder, those were neat, as well as a custom chassis out of blown glass fiber like a boat hull(supper light weight with 16 inch light contour barrel). Have seen them with suppressor mounts but never with the cans as we don't work on them. My favorite so far was the light weight one.