• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1A's in Sage

Northland

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Louisiana
I have a M1A Scout in a Sage stock, I like it alot. I've only shot it with an EOtec so far and it worked great to all the distances I did fire it at. I'm wanting to put a 1-4 NF or something along those lines on it. Just wondering if any of you guys have a similar setup and what optics you're running.

Of course gotta have some pictures are the thread is worthless haha

ebrscout2.jpg

ebrscout.jpg

Re: M1A's in Sage

Your zippers undone. Aimpoint CompM4s are nice on top.

check out m14hdw.com h20man has a pretty good site about that. but you should also get some good answers here as well.

Neg, thats part of the string on my fleece. Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the pics...

But thanks for looking!

I have an aimpoint on my M4, I thought about putting a 3x mag on it but don't really want to go that route. Thought about an ACOG but I could get a Leuy mrt or 1-4 nightforce for the same price. Anyone have a scout they tested out to 300-400 yards?

H20MAN, is that the hard to find Larue mount?

Is that the factory barrel?

get on the larue website and email them that you need a larue lt-608 mount. they can get you one no problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get on the larue website and email them that you need a larue lt-608 mount. they can get you one no problem. </div></div>

Or give them a call.

Northland - I run two sets of optics:

(1) EOTECH 552 w/ and w/o an EOTECH 3x magnifier; and
(2) Leupy MK4 M3 3.5x10

Both are mounted on the LT-608 (called LaRue directly and ordered - its a non-catalog item, not on the website; I think I paid less than $150 ea. delivered). The Leupy is mounted with SEI's low rings. No special hardware for the EOTECH system - I use the LT608s to swap on/off both sets.

Getting the gas system swaped out right now... will post pics when I get her back.

[Placeholder for pics]

Qualification: I may replace both sets out for a Leupy MK4 M2 1.5x5 I have on an M4 SPR (similar to H2OMAN's set up above), if I manage to get my hands on a SCAR 17S.

H2OMAN - did you get the M2 308 cams for the 1.5x5? Any idea where I can get a set (aside from Leupold)?

Northland - forgot to add: the LT-608 fits onto the rail and floats just over the clip slot (you keep the guide in there while the LaRue mt is on).

Got ya! Thanks man! I was thinking about doing the same thing you're running. Because I have a AR10 as well and I was thinking about using some throw levers or something and move the scope some one rifle to the next and have the zero's written down when I which rifles. Buying glass for 7+ Rifles gets expensive!!!

I'm really liking that MK4 1-5 though. But the NF has that 1-4, both seem nice. Thought about a 2.5-10x32 NF with the velocity Ret. in it as well...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks brother! It fits into the clip slot right? </div></div>

It does not utilize the stripper clip guide.

LT-608a.jpg

LT-608c.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpha_Tango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

H2OMAN - did you get the M2 308 cams for the 1.5x5? Any idea where I can get a set (aside from Leupold)?

</div></div>

Not yet, Ron has ordered them a few times and Leupold hasn't delivered yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpha_Tango</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Not yet, Ron has ordered them a few times and Leupold hasn't delivered yet. </div></div>

Sounds like what I'm experiencing... I've had cams (MK262 and MK248) on order with Leupy for my M3s for about 7 months now.

I would much rather go with an ACOG if i wanted something more than an aimpoint, but less than a big optic, not a fan of the 1-4x It depends on what you want this weapon to do, it can be CQB or mid-long range, you cant have both, but the rifle can do both.

I recently became a Sage owner and all I can say is WOW! The system works as advertised.

I took a standard 18.5' chrome-lined Criterion barreled LRB M25 that was shooting 2.5-3 MOA groups out of it's original wood stock and put it in a Sage Mod 0.

Installed an older Tasco target scope with a fine cross-hair dot to test her out and shot a .95MOA group with Federal GM Match off a bench! I am a believer.

I use the Leupold Quick Detach rings which work well with the integral rail on my LRB.

I took the target scope off and she now wears a Trijicon Accu-point 30mm 1x-4x scope with Green Triangle Reticle. This is a great combination.

I am very happy with the Sage stock, and now I have the speed of a red-dot at 1x or some magnification to use the .308 reach at 4x.

By the way "THANK-YOU" to H20 Man! I learned a lot about the Sage from reading your posts and checking out your site.

Cheers,

i8mtm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i8mtm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently became a Sage owner and all I can say is WOW! The system works as advertised.

I took a standard 18.5' chrome-lined Criterion barreled LRB M25 that was shooting 2.5-3 MOA groups out of it's original wood stock and put it in a Sage Mod 0.

Installed an older Tasco target scope with a fine cross-hair dot to test her out and shot a .95MOA group with Federal GM Match off a bench! I am a believer.

I use the Leupold Quick Detach rings which work well with the integral rail on my LRB.

I took the target scope off and she now wears a Trijicon Accu-point 30mm 1x-4x scope with Green Triangle Reticle. This is a great combination.

I am very happy with the Sage stock, and now I have the speed of a red-dot at 1x or some magnification to use the .308 reach at 4x.

By the way "THANK-YOU" to H20 Man! I learned a lot about the Sage from reading your posts and checking out your site.

Cheers,

i8mtm </div></div>

You are very welcome and I'm glad it exceeded your expectations
grin.gif