• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors m24 supressor?

macmann

Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
Houston, tx
Does anyone know where to get the correct adapter to use a suppressor on a real Remington M24?

Re: m24 supressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where to get the correct adapter to use a suppressor on a real Remington M24? </div></div>

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I purchased a full m24 package with harddigg case, scope, cleaning stuff, AICS, etc.... a few years ago. I meant its not an assembled unit or 700 with m24 barrel. It does have the threaded end but the standard Advanced Armament flash hider will not fit. DIfferent thread pitch and I did not see one on their website. How are people attaching suppressors on the m24?

ok guys, forget I said 'real' Where do I obtain an adapter to mount a can on a m24?

You know RG,

A <span style="text-decoration: underline">Real</span> in an AICS that is not a 700, but a real M24 with the barrel and everything, it even comes in the hard case, that one.

Oh, <span style="text-decoration: underline">that</span> one: the threaded M24. Got it.
wink.gif

I was trying to help, but maybe he should just measure the threads and choose an 'adapter'.

What suppressor do you plan on using?

Are you talking the latest gen M2010, or the previous with an Ops Inc, your vague description doesn't help. Like the current gen uses a CADEX chassis, not an AICS, the SOCOM, Mk13 uses an AI, big Army doesn't. Those use a Knights Armament cans and are not threaded, but clipped.

So while you think you bought a real M24, your description is less than helpful.

The M24 I'm familiar with is I believe the M24A2. It had a profile cut and threaded barrel for an Ops Inc 3rd model.

25th ID had their rifles retrofitted with AICS stocks and re-barreled in .300win mag. They got Surefire cans (probably FA7.62SS model) and Leupold 4.5-14x50mm MKIV M3 ERT scopes.

The new guns are also different.

Let me see if I can take a picture and post it so everyone understands what I am talking about. I have several AAC and Gemtech cans I can use but need to adapt them to work with the m24. I bought this gun from another member. It has the original stock and the previous owner added the AICS 2.0 chassis. This is not a new gun. Did previous m24's get threaded barrels?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What suppressor do you plan on using?

Are you talking the latest gen M2010, or the previous with an Ops Inc, your vague description doesn't help. Like the current gen uses a CADEX chassis, not an AICS, the SOCOM, Mk13 uses an AI, big Army doesn't. Those use a Knights Armament cans and are not threaded, but clipped.

So while you think you bought a real M24, your description is less than helpful. </div></div>

The m24 i have is definitely not a latest m2010. It's also not an OPS inc. It's chambered in 7.62 rounds. I believe OPS doesn't make a can for my gun. The m24 i have did not come from factory with the AICS chassis. It has the standard stock and the previous owner added the aics chassis.

These are .300 Win Mag Mark 13s on loan to the 25th Infantry Division from the USSOCOM Joint Operational Stocks. The Army's M24 doesn't have a suppressor, the M2010 upgrade does.

080108at_snipers_800.JPG

Remington's Military Division did have several rifles they leased to deploying units and then sold as used demos when those units returned. Don't know if they were suppressed.

The MK13 is now going to have SureFire suppressors. SOCOM got rid of the Knights suppressor on that rifle.

Which model did they select?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are .300 Win Mag Mark 13s on loan to the 25th Infantry Division from the USSOCOM Joint Operational Stocks. The Army's M24 doesn't have a suppressor, the M2010 upgrade does.

080108at_snipers_800.JPG

Remington's Military Division did have several rifles they leased to deploying units and then sold as used demos when those units returned. Don't know if they were suppressed. </div></div>

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/03/army_sniper_032309w/

In the 2009 article they did not mention MK13- they specifically mentioned sending the rifles to be upgraded at Remington. At the time this happened, the MK13 did use the KAC suppressor (or at least fielded rifles did have the KAC suppressor).

Apparently according to the poster above the MK13 does now use Surefire, but at this time, I'm not sure this would be a MK13 on loan (implying the Army times totally messed up the article).

--------------------------------------------

To the poster- no M24 suppressor exists (to my knowledge) that does not require threading. The Ops 3rd model requires profiling and threading to make an accurate M24A2 model spec. The Surefire suppressor also requires a thread and profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lw8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which model did they select? </div></div>

The FA762K-DE and the FH762KO5 open prong flash hider.

I'm trying to follow the thread here. Have you found a way to put a picture of your rifle's barrel up here yet? You say that the barrel was threaded when you got it, right? Was it threaded at Remington or after market? If it was threaded at Remington there are two possible options. Is your barrel necked down for about 4" from the muzzle toward the receiver and have a thread protector? If so that is for the Ops Inc M24 3rd Model suppressor. If it is threaded at the muzzle only and was done at the factory then it is the the later AAC suppressor family you're looking for. Remington doesn't offer the Ops Inc stuff anymore, AAC is part of the Remington family now. If it's none of the above, I'm not sure I can help you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the poster- no M24 suppressor exists (to my knowledge) that does not require threading. The Ops 3rd model requires profiling and threading to make an accurate M24A2 model spec. The Surefire suppressor also requires a thread and profile. </div></div>

Remington is supplying AAC suppressors on any weapon they produce and sell now. Remington and AAC are in the same family now. There are at least two 7.62mm AAC suppressors that can be used on the M24 but the muzzle must be threaded and a 51T Rachet Quick Detach mount either Muzzle Brake or Flash Suppressor must be fitted to the barrel. The new XM2010s are using the muzzle brake for obvious reasons; the .300 WinMag kicks like a mule.