• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 scope base project by LRI

Great news everyone! I drove to South Dakota yesterday and met up with Chad, and now I have a great update to share with you guys about this reproduction M40A1 Unertl scope mount project!
Have any idea what the cost of these mounts will be.
Great news everyone! I drove to South Dakota yesterday and met up with Chad, and now I have a great update to share with you guys about this reproduction M40A1 Unertl scope mount project!

Maybe he’ll have time after that to wrap up his initial work on my project and get my parts I lent him back to me.

I’m getting the itch to get out and shoot that particular rifle.

I almost forgot to mention something else, Chad and I decided what the next project after these is going to be! Here's a few clues, maybe you guys can guess what the next reproduction part will be coming out in a few months:

● Made from steel
● USMC only, no other military branches used it
● As far as we can tell, no reproductions have ever been made
● Modern, not vintage
● Cloners should be EXTREMELY excited about this part
● The original parts have seen use in GWOT
● It looks like a fairly easy part to make, it's not complicated
● Things can attach to it
● It's fucking awesome!
● It's not a dikfer or henway or anything else like that
● Similar to a "blue waffle," <--- Google search the quoted phrase, go to the Google images tab and scroll through the images until you find what appears to be a USMC rifle part
● Don't do the above Google search, it's terrible, but this is a good way to mess with friends, lol
● We're going to be making exact replicas of the insanely rare, highly desirable USMC M14 DMR GG&G scope mount
● What reproduction parts do you want us to make after this one?
will the GG&G scope mounts get their own thread? i just picked up an older IBA M21/25 build, so now im wanting one.

Reactions: Frank Green