• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40 / Weaver 10X

Grumpy61

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
SW FL
can anyone tell me which Weaver 10X would be correct on an M40?

is it the T10, the KT10?

thanks

T-10 is the best bang for the buck on an M40A1! Throw a set of Redfield medium underscrew rings on a Redfield 700SA base and you're good to go! The Corps only had about half a dozen of these scopes and they were only used for a very short period of time, but the T-10 is still technically correct for a clone build.

A guy on the M14 forum recently built his A1 like this, check it out over here. In post #5, the OP posts a few pics of his A1 with Weaver T-10.

https://www.m14forum.com/threads/my-rendition-of-an-m40a1-update.524251/#

@deltawiskey, you asked for pics in your post, so here's a few taken from the thread I linked above:

dsc_7276-2-jpg.480547

dsc_7277-2-jpg.480548

Here's another thread with discussion about the A1. I provided a bunch of information about the Redfield scope bases/rings in post #7:

https://www.m14forum.com/threads/my-rendition-of-an-m40a1.523720/#

Reactions: deltawiskey
6 or so years ago, probably longer, I was on the desk at work and in the downtime perusing scopes on EBay.

Found a dude that had a few new in the wrap T-10s for $350.00.

Bought immediately, should have done like Flip and bought them all, but just bought my one and I think I posted here and on M40 about the remainder.

It was sweet to break the cellophane on a never opened T-10.

Kind of like a half hour ago...

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

6 or so years ago, probably longer, I was on the desk at work and in the downtime perusing scopes on EBay.

Found a dude that had a few new in the wrap T-10s for $350.00.

Bought immediately, should have done like Flip and bought them all, but just bought my one and I think I posted here and on M40 about the remainder.

It was sweet to break the cellophane on a never opened T-10.

Kind of like a half hour ago...

View attachment 8099641

View attachment 8099642
You found one!! Can't wait to see that shotgun...
DW

Reactions: pmclaine