• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 Conring PWS Build

bildoe308

Modest Man
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2013
Midwest
About a year ago I started to surf Sniper's Hide on M40A1 builds and builders......Tons and tons of very helpful individuals and helpful threads ....So here I am with a bunch of parts and ready to commit to a build.....I had many conversations with Leo on building this A1 and deciding to go with his services. Leo's back round in this field is very extensive.....a former 8541 to a 2112... So it was a no brainer for me on who was going to build my first M40A1.

Through the course of a year, Conring PWS has moved from his GA location to his new shop in Midland Va. and open for business as of July of 2014.....

I've asked Leo to document this build with pictures.....so I have my work cut out with posting them......The first several pictures are of my forrest camo return stock....

Leo carried a C prefix, so I asked him to build my C prefix as close to his rig as possible......My first request was to leave the return stock the way I received it.... spray paint, dings, gouge's, etc....I don't know what it is, but to me...this kind of patina is AWESOME and should be saved and not altered in any form...COOL SH*T

More pictures will be posted in the next few weeks....

2s8ihc3.jpg

211m1rs.jpg
t4zcwp.jpg
5lqbgz.jpg
2nujapt.jpg

Last edited:
Leo is the man.... Built two rifles for me and they are stellar, his depth of experience and knowledge are second to none

Here's some pictures of the parts I sent to Conring PWS in mid July......22-250 (C prefix Doner rifle), Mst-100, real Unertl Base, Simrad Cap (TwoManAttack Supplied), 12-86 MTR Sling, return stock with trigger guard and bottom metal...

2uihv9x.jpg
v809b7.jpg

Last edited:
Reciever Pic

Blue printed receiver.....will have clip slot pics later
27zylj5.jpg

Last edited:
Return Stock/Gary Schneider Barrel

2ypm25t.jpg

I'll get some pictures of Leo's barrel work posted soon!

Last edited:
Barrel Chucked up in Leo's Shop Lathe

Got some down time to upload more pictures from Leo......

dm3ed2.jpg

Last edited:
This sweet build is coming along nicely. I could have another three M40A1s and it still wouldn't be enough. I still love gathering parts and watching them come together.

Last edited:
Fitting Unertl Base

fc8nwy.jpg
30cvz88.jpg
2d7zz9h.jpg
sdz6nn.jpg

Leo is also serializing and stamping everything to spec.....This base came with another set of numbers already stamped on them......you can see in the bottom pic to the left....

Last edited:
Old Bedding Pics

2z7ncdl.jpg
2mmde7d.jpg
mczuao.jpg
f0w0o6.jpg

These are just some pics of the old bedding before Leo rebeds everything next week....

M40A1 before bedding... SHARP LOOKING

2n0sbiq.jpg
2z8wxly.jpg
2z6igq0.jpg
2dtvji0.jpg

Leo's handy work is coming together nicely......

Last edited:
I'm all out of pictures for now.....hopefully in a week or so, Leo should have more pics of the build..........

There is a name that I haven't heard for a long time. Im glad to see Leo is still putting out some great rifles.

Damn some good looking work there! Cant wait to see the end product and how it shoots! Thanks for sharing!

Shop Address
CONRING PWS
5212 B MIDLAND ROAD
MIDLAND, VIRGINIA 22728

Mailing Address
Conring PWS
P.O.BOX 55
MIDLAND VA. 22728

LEO'S # 1-770-755-2879

[email protected]

Give him a call.....super nice fella....

Last edited:
This is awesome. I love seeing M40 builds from start to finish. The pics that I enjoy the most are seeing the clip slot pics. I have asked about them a couple years ago and was giving a hassle about. Glad I saw how they are done. Great pics. Post more pics when you can.

Spoke to Leo today.........hopefully in a week or so....I'll get more pictures......I'm 1 of 5 spec/semi custom rifles being manufactured right now......will post more pics as soon as I get them.......