• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report M40A1 & IBA SNIPER PLATEFORM

PJC7250

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2002
Apollo, Pa.
I got a chance to use my Iron Brigade Armory Sniper Shooting Platform today. For my first time I shot from a solid bench. Since I wasn't shooting prone I had to use a piece of 2" foam underneath the platform. I was shooting my M40A1/USO ST-10 combination and using Fed. Gold Metal Match 168 SMK's. Targets were 3" orange circles at 300 yards.

My first 5 shot group was just under 3". It took a little getting use to the platform but I eventually got the hang it. I was having problems getting my rifle to recoil straght back into by shoulder. Once I got it down I was able to shoot my second group under 1". This is the norm for my rifle using FGM 168 SMK's.

I really like this IBA platform. It really proved to be a solid rest that worked really well. You can also stuff a lot of ammo and things in this pack that you may need in the field. PAT.

Check out my photos and target.

Re: M40A1 & IBA SNIPER PLATEFORM

Here's the link, it's on the 2nd page of their Nylon gear. Neat concept, a bit pricy but that's IBA. It's made by Blackhawk so it will be great quality. Usually two days to get used to...hmmmmmmm! I also love how IBA now knocks the use of Bi-pods because they built what they feel is a better mouse trap.

Sniper Shooting Platform (SSP)
Web ID - 247
Price-$85.00
This item is ideal for any field type firing. Works great as an attachment to any larger pack.It takes some practice but the technique will come, usually after about two days of use. Bipods are great, but they are clumsy and they get in the way. The SSP is simple to use, effective and will increase your accuracy immediately. It originated from the Military "Butt Pack" and the concept of using that as a shooting platform. We have since made several improvements and they are now being manufactured by Blackhawk Industries. The quality and durability is outstanding. We recommend attaching it to a HydraStorm pack and once in position it makes a perfect and stable platform to fire from. This is the easiest and quickest shooting platform available

http://www.deathfromafar.com/htm/08_products_detail.php?id=247

Re: M40A1 & IBA SNIPER PLATEFORM

Jeff hit it right on with this setup. I think the more I use this platform the better I'll get with it. I love using my harris bipods but they can be clumsy. I was lucky enough to get mine from my wife as a Christmas gift. My only complaint is that IBA doesn't show you different ways to attach to packs and/or various field or range gear. It's a learning process, but I'll figure it out. PAT.