• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 Neck Tension

ScottVA

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2012
Do you guys have any idea what the proper spec is on the 118LR loads for the M40A1 is on neck tension? I assume these rounds had alot of grip, but was wondering what bushing size is used in the dies. Thanks alot.

Re: M40A1 Neck Tension

That is something you will have to measure yourself. I have a Palma rifle that has the 95 Palma chamber is is tighter than my M118LR chambered sniper stick. You can just measure a loaded cartridge on the neck and subtract .002 to .003 to get the dimensions you need. I use Forrester dies they can make you a custom die or get the bushing bump die.

m118.jpg

I have never seen any published data regarding neck tension.

Maybe bullet pull data, but not neck tension.

Terry

Thanks Terry, I appreciate it, guys. I'm just trying to duplicate the load as closely as I can so that the MST 100 BDC will be accurate. Thanks again.

I chrono the M118LR that i shot with my M40A3 then i worked up a load that would match the same MV that my gun shoots with M118LR and my data is pretty much the same with either M118LR or my reloads. I took my time to worked up that load as safely as i could but i do full lenght resize instead of neck. Hope that helps a little.