• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos m40a1 paint or no paint

Re: m40a1 paint or no paint

The only thing that looks better than a stripped M40A1 is a painted and then beat all to hell M40A1. Don't forget the riggers tape/isomat cheek rest with a piece of cammie paint caked moleskin on it. That's what an A1 is supposed to look like.

One of these days I'll get my A1 back, and I'll use the hell out of it again.

The only reason I painted mine is because it started to get some surface rust, so I scrubbed the hell out of it and then layered a nice coat of krylon on it. Still got to keep an eye on it, but there is no reason to paint it unless you need to, looks good the way it is!!

Semper Fi!!

if your gonna field it then i would paint it...but as much as i see you selling shit you probably better leave it alone cause you might be selling it next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your gonna field it then i would paint it...but as much as i see you selling shit you probably better leave it alone cause you might be selling it next week. </div></div>

+1

Some of my collection, you will not see for sale. This is one of those items. I am forever buying and selling USMC spec rifles, parts and optics. Have to raise money to diversify my collection. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your gonna field it then i would paint it...but as much as i see you selling shit you probably better leave it alone cause you might be selling it next week.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TWO MAN ATTACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of my collection, you will not see for sale. This is one of those items. I am forever buying and selling USMC spec rifles, parts and optics. Have to raise money to diversify my collection. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your gonna field it then i would paint it...but as much as i see you selling shit you probably better leave it alone cause you might be selling it next week.</div></div> </div></div>

then by all means....paint away hardcharger.

It's a piece of crap. Send it to me and I'll take care of it for you... lol... It looks good used.

Paint it with krylon you can always take it off, they look so much better with paint

I like the looks of a rifle that looks well used. Not "abused", but one that looks like it has seen honest service out in the rocks, mud, dirt, dust and wherever else they get that well seasoned "salty" look.

After wearing out 3 barrels, two scopes, two slings, ands one bi-pod, I finally broke down and got the metalwork professionally painted olive drab last time I had my M40A1 re-barreled. Frankly, it looks too nice, and I think it needs some gouges, scratches, scuffs and some then a bit of Krylon, and she will be beautiful once again.

Lookin' salty, is a compliment I think.

Gotta love the Smear stock and the whole rifle

I did a rattle can job on mine and it has lasted for several seasons without any touchups. But my BA is cerakoted in OD so any scratches or gouges blends in well.