• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 Stock, Where Can I Get One?

SirCloake

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
So I'm looking to build my final little rifle, I've got my big toy buy Id like a handy simple little rifle for fun with the boys, and general purpose in my nook of the woods. Simple 700 action that's trued, original floor plate inlet thats will be swapped for an oberdorf plate, chambered in 260 Rem, 26" straight taper barrel that slightly rolls off near the muzzle, no brake, no BS, simple-n-clean just like the original M40

My build needs a M40A1 style stock. Simple, clean, reliable, and a rock. Not interested in the tacti-cool lines of most stocks, and unfortunately the Bell & Carlson stock has that weird bump just after the floor plate. Looking for that classic M40A1 style stock, but not interested in that McMillan over priced BS. Maybe theres something very comparable aswell, im open to any and all info. Im not one to care what color it is that's what epoxy and sand is for.

My Reference picture:
m40a1-forest-camo.jpg

Could any of you fine folks point me in the direction of either a place that sells them new, OR other reliable and safe Equipment Exchange forums that might have them? Lots of wisdom on here, so I'm hoping to tap in to it!

Cheers

1st, mcmillan is not BS and you can get that exact stock as is was built for the usmc. You get quality with the price.

Having said that.... if you want to go a cheaper route there isn't anything wrong with it. Try the Bell and Carlson M40 stock for about $300 with aluminum bedding block.

Maybe a Manners MCS-T or MCS-T3 stock is close to what you’re looking for

1st, mcmillan is not BS and you can get that exact stock as is was built for the usmc. You get quality with the price.

Having said that.... if you want to go a cheaper route there isn't anything wrong with it. Try the Bell and Carlson M40 stock for about $300 with aluminum bedding block.
BS referring to the price, not the quality. I have 2, still would never pay there asking price.

Might you have a model in mind by chance? OR one you would be referring to?

Manners stocks website

Or this: McMillan HTG M40A1

If these are too expensive then you may be better off finding a Remington 700 basic take off HS precision stock that someone is selling for around $250-$300

Last edited:
So I'm looking to build my final little rifle, I've got my big toy buy Id like a handy simple little rifle for fun with the boys, and general purpose in my nook of the woods. Simple 700 action that's trued, original floor plate inlet thats will be swapped for an oberdorf plate, chambered in 260 Rem, 26" straight taper barrel that slightly rolls off near the muzzle, no brake, no BS, simple-n-clean just like the original M40

My build needs a M40A1 style stock. Simple, clean, reliable, and a rock. Not interested in the tacti-cool lines of most stocks, and unfortunately the Bell & Carlson stock has that weird bump just after the floor plate. Looking for that classic M40A1 style stock, but not interested in that McMillan over priced BS. Maybe theres something very comparable aswell, im open to any and all info. Im not one to care what color it is that's what epoxy and sand is for.

My Reference picture:
View attachment 7937662

Could any of you fine folks point me in the direction of either a place that sells them new, OR other reliable and safe Equipment Exchange forums that might have them? Lots of wisdom on here, so I'm hoping to tap in to it!

Cheers
Hi, there is one on gunbroker but he or she wants quite a bit for it.

Depending on how old your boys are and how much you plan on carrying around the rifle a M40 26 inch barrel is going to be no fun to lug around on a rifle. It's not going to be a handy simple little rifle, thats just my opinion.

Depending on how old your boys are and how much you plan on carrying around the rifle a M40 26 inch barrel is going to be no fun to lug around on a rifle. It's not going to be a handy simple little rifle, thats just my opinion.
I currently lug around a 20+ lbs gun for range and hunting, professionally I lug around 30 lb machine gun, I'm pretty sure a 10 or 12 lb M40 won't bother me. Hence why I want a stock and not a chassis.