• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M40A1 take-off stocks

Dustin1984

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Those of you that have them, did you remove any paint from yours? I'd kind of like to have mine back at the factory mcmillan finish

Re: M40A1 take-off stocks

My M40A3 return stock retains its paint job, I like it that way. Here's 11 return stocks, most of which are painted. Mine is #4.

M40A3returnstocks.jpg

Well... I guess I might as well just let it wear off naturally... tried acetone before and got nowhere.

I have one and wanted to see what was underneath, weather it be a smear or woodland...mine is a woodland. I used MEK and a rag to get of the paint and I now wished that I had left it alone.

just curious... did they ever make any left handed M40 stocks that are now returned. are lefties SOL when it comes to DMR or sniper roles in the .mil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 03psd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are lefties SOL when it comes to DMR or sniper roles in the .mil? </div></div>

Not SOL....they just adapt and overcome. You make do and accomplish the mission.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin1984</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well... I guess I might as well just let it wear off naturally... tried acetone before and got nowhere. </div></div>

Acetone is what we used to strip them before repainting. It works. It just may take a little more rubbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 03psd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are lefties SOL when it comes to DMR or sniper roles in the .mil? </div></div>
I have a friend who was a southpaw Devgru shooter. Certainly NOT SOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NukeMMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 03psd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are lefties SOL when it comes to DMR or sniper roles in the .mil? </div></div>
I have a friend who was a southpaw Devgru shooter. Certainly NOT SOL </div></div>

small difference between devgru and the 1st cavs scout sniper platoon lol

But man I would love to have one of those stocks. Hell I can't wait until I can use the classifieds here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zakk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hell I can't wait until I can use the classifieds here. </div></div>

There is no post limit to buy.
laugh.gif