• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3/5 PGW rails discontinued

I was curious because I know of two people who have ordered them from PGW within the past couple months and got them without issue.

Interesting.

I know PGW has "winded down" operations, and they laid off a bunch of their staff. Apparently they are still producing rifles, but I don't know to what capacity.

I wonder if the people you know got some of the last rails they produced and were sitting on the shelves, or maybe something else is going on.

Honestly IDK. I don't have any insights into the inner workings of PGW and what that means for rails. I just know that they have really slowed things down operationally.

If what they just told me today is correct (I don't see why it wouldn't be) I ordered the last one. It appears as though PGW rails are only going to be available second-hand now.

• Sad
Reactions: USMCSGT0331
FYI, our business will be carrying both the McMillan A4 stocks for M40A3 and M40A5, with the hope of having them in-stock and ready to ship at any time, and no waiting. Our first shipment arrives "May-ish" of 2023, and we are taking a waitlist if interested.

But more on topic, we are carrying the SOL Strategic EFR, and will have the stocks built for that embedded front rail, which is very similar to the PGW rail, which is not sold commercially.

In speaking with McMillan, they had nothing but excellent things to say about SOL Strategic, and McMillan recommended SOL Strategic as the best solution for a true A5 clone rifle. The owner tells me that his rail is not the same, but it looks the same to me. I am sure he has some differences to not just copy PGW.

We are carrying their product, for purchase as a part, or with a stock.
Where do we sign up for the waitlist for the A4 stock at?

Opening an old thread, but I’m in search of a PGW EFR mount if anyone has one for sell. Please PM me! Thx