• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

m40a3 desert camo help

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
Hey guys I was bored with the OD on my r700 and saw acouple pics of marines using m40s that were tan but had alot of the old paint showing through. How could I achieve such a look?
GAP3.jpg

GAP.jpg

Re: m40a3 desert camo help

BTW I already have my A4 painted with a base coat of OD and I just sprayed a coat of tan over it, I took a rag of paint thinner and removed some of the tan but just the big areas. Any ideas?

Why would you base coat in OD? Stock is the same. Spray with tan and go from there. I'd show pics, but my nuts may be a bit smaller than yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys I was bored with the OD on my r700 and saw acouple pics of marines using m40s that were tan but had alot of the old paint showing through. How could I achieve such a look? </div></div>

Are you friggin serious?

Paint your rifle and shoot your rifle. You earn wear. You don't "fake" it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys I was bored with the OD on my r700 and saw acouple pics of marines using m40s that were tan but had alot of the old paint showing through. How could I achieve such a look? </div></div>

Are you friggin serious?

Paint your rifle and shoot your rifle. You earn wear. You don't "fake" it. </div></div>
This is what i was thinking, I was like damn, is this guy serious.

Well if you want to fake it.
Take table salt and a little water, wet the areas you want to look worn and add the salt,cake it on, spray your paint over it then take some steel wool and start wiping it down till you get the look you like.
Curt

As far as I know GAP have them all/and or are geting them all and will only be selling them as part of a package and not a seperate stock, I am open to correction though

Why is the USMC getting rid of the A4 stocks??
That is what the M40 A5 uses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is almost as bad as boots trying to "bleach" their cammies to look "salty".</div></div>

Or "relic-ing" a brand new Stratocaster. Never quite got that one, either. Motorcycle helmets? I get it. But guitars and guns? Geeeez.
frown.gif

As far as rifles go, mine look like they've been thru a war after only one Winter.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chickeneye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">krylon camo your stock and use the hell out of it
grin.gif
</div></div>

Haha basically. Since you already put a base on it find a pain extractor or something to remove it then re paint it with krylon to get the sniper I've been in battle look.

Like Abercrombie jeans. Buy them with holes and stuff in them already.

Speaking of bleaching cammies...

We had a guy do that and it looked like a set of over whites they give you at Bridgeport.

M40a3129.jpg

M40a3121.jpg

Here is my M40a3. I painted this over leave and I shot it after I painted it. I dont know if you can tell but in the pics some of the paint is already coming off. I love my guns to look this way.

I would say worse, at least the boots went to boot camp.

To get that kind of wear, spray prior to deployment, go on 6-12 month deployment, have weapon with you every minute, meaning you eat, sleep, and shit with your rifle. Repeat until you have killed enough mouje, or are ready to retire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC Grunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
M40a3129.jpg

M40a3121.jpg

Here is my M40a3. I painted this over leave and I shot it after I painted it. I dont know if you can tell but in the pics some of the paint is already coming off. I love my guns to look this way. </div></div>

i love the A3 stock. thats a sweet rifle usmc grunt.

OP, paint your rifle. get a pair of gloves and spray contact adhesive on them, then get them sandy or put some blasting media on them and handle the rifle. it will wear the paint off faster. if you think that sounds silly, well... that kinda sums up this whole thread. just saying
smile.gif

I'm new to rifle shooting but ireckon camoing your stock and then putting a little bit of paint thinner or metholated spirits on a clothe and just lightly rub it on the edges of the stock where u want it to look a bit worn i do not know if this will work but its just a guess

Here is a novel idea.....Instead of trying to make a safe queen look used like a hooker, why not actually upgrade the rifle from SAFE QUEEN to RIFLE???? Actually use the damn thing, or does it sound cooler to say....look at my rifle it looks beat to hell, but i dont ever shoot it?

Nope, Deadly is saying to spray bomb it and go use the thing, not let it sit in the safe all nice looking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Genetiikz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah thats what i was thinking deadly i would rather a nice looking rifle i wouldnt want it to look worn and like its been used in the feild </div></div>

further proof we need a sarcasm font...

Try this, it works for me every time. I take my rifle to these 2 places called the range and the field. Miraculously through using the rifle what it was designed for it gains this weird worn look that actually looks pretty cool because it says " hey i know what i'm doing and i use this thunder stick"
IMG_0079.jpg

You could also lightly smear some grease on the edges prior to painting and then the paint will wipe off after its dry. Don't let some of these responses bother you. If you think its cool thats all that matters. Heck why are there so many threads on M40 and M40A3 builds and finding the right "serial number receivers". Because we all respect what these guys do and think its cool as hell. Post some pics when you are done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popeye089</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thunder stick</div></div>

How do you use this "Thunder stick"? haha