• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3 Scope and NV mount

ColRH7

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2023
Fredericksburg, VA
Im hoping to build a clone M40a3 (ok, have it built by GAP) over the next year or so. I was looking at ways to outfit it and still be clone correct. Does anyone know the specifications of the Schmidt & Bender 3-12 they used to run on the USMC rifles? I know its a PMII, but are there different generations of PMIIs, do they run illumination, which reticle do they use (I would imagine Mil-Dot/P3)? Also, I have seen some A3s with the night vision rail up front. Was this something the Corps did while transitioning from the A3 to the A5? Thanks!

Your question would be better answered in the vintage rifle forum. Pgw efr rail up front, original ones aren't made anymore but you may find one. As for the scope, nearest correct model is I believe this.
Screenshot_20230709_111708_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: Stevo86
You should hit up flips, he has like 8 of them for sale.

• Haha
Reactions: USMCSGT0331
Late model A3 had S&B pmii 3-12 gen 2 mil dot. Most seemed to have the MTC turrets but some also had the double turn turret. DD ROSS bottom metal, pgw rail up front. I believe there were some that used the badger m5 detach mag as well. Mjh30 is correct on the scope. They come up for sale from time to time. Good luck on your build!