• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3 stock OD

Re: M40A3 stock OD

There are some cats on the board here posting from your neck of the woods with manners stocks, so I dont see why you oculdnt get a McM,

I wish australia had gun laws like the states. the government are just making it that hard to get a gun now that people dont even bother because its too much of a hassle

theres a store that imports them from MCM if im not mistaken, one of the guys on here from OZ should know who....

Hey mate.

You can import a stock as long as it is non telescopic (such as an Axiom Knoxx stock), non folding and non collapsable.
An M40A3 stock (the McMillan A4, correct me if mistaken) is perfectly legal to import, as long as it doesnt come to a vaule of over 1000AUD (not including shipping) you wont even have to pay duties.
However i would fully check with customs before you import, I did and they said it'd be ok, but again, check.

Yes, there ARE stores that import, but they markup by a couple of hundred bucks. whilst MCM will ship to you for $85 insured, so you'll get it cheaper. Plus you will directly talk to McMillan and they're great.

Yes, importing guns is hard down here. But its for a good reason. Look at our gun crime compared to the states, we're living in a fairly safe society right now.

Anyhow mate. I'd suggest you talk to customs fully, and link them to thr MCM A4 stock so they know what your on about. Also then talk to McMillan, and make sure they'll ship it (they told me they'd do me an A5 no dramas).

Good luck and good shooting mate.

"Yes, importing guns is hard down here. But its for a good reason. Look at our gun crime compared to the states, we're living in a fairly safe society right now."

This line of thinking got you the laws you currently have. How many of your fellow Australian shooters think this is a good thing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Genetiikz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys im new to the forum and i was wondering if its possible to import an m40a3 stock to australia with out getting into any legal trouble

cheers </div></div>
It definitely won't be a problem if you use the right company to handle the export from the U.S. / import into Australia. I recommend that you contact <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Questar International</span></span>. The issue will be the financial cost, which for a rifle runs about $250.00 U.S.. I don't know what it would run for just a stock, but I'm guessing that there has to be less red tape.

<span style="font-style: italic">Questar International</span> exports rifles and accessories internationally, and has done so for Australians and many others outside of the U.S. who bought Tac Ops rifles. According to posts by Questar clients, the transactions went without a hitch, earning the highest praise when other exporters failed.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryanjay11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Yes, importing guns is hard down here. But its for a good reason. Look at our gun crime compared to the states, we're living in a fairly safe society right now."

This line of thinking got you the laws you currently have. How many of your fellow Australian shooters think this is a good thing? </div></div>

Yours truly doesnt mind, I only need one shot for what i do (and plan to do) shooting wise. Magazines are a luxury to be honest.

I do wish they'd de-restrict semi-auto rimfires and pump shotguns but otherwise I dont see anything that needs changing. Pistols could be restricted to 4 matches/year rather than 6, but otherwise i'd love to see an aussie who can give me a genuine reason for needing to own an AR-15.

Though im not comparing. We're two totally different societies AUS and US.

~~~~~

Back on topic.
Hinterland Shooters Supplies will do you an MCM for about $300 mark up, and they'll cover import and duties as well. So no dramas there, if you're going to do an importer may as well go them as you'll have a gun dealer, no duties (which you would have with a regular shipping company) and someone to return it to if it's faulty (as THEY sold you the product).

However if you dont want the markup then buy direct from MCM i'd say.

Last post on this thread since I'm not helping the OP. Your attitude about gun owners is the worst I have ever read. I am very thankful that most gun owners in the US have a spine. You are just fine with the restrictions, but when does it stop? Is it just fine as long as it doesn't affect you personally? Why would you need to stand up for others rights anyways? Freedom must be a foreign concept for you.

Well i dont need an AR15 in my closet to feel safe, so I must be pretty free ey?

EDITED for political references.
I'm out too, if you want a hearty debait, PM me then. I'll be happy to hear your side.