• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M45A1 serving on...

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Man thought all these were being retired. Marines hate them, all sorts of bad stuff to say about them. The G19 is the be all end all....

Someone tell these guys....Photo from 10/7/2020

1603550755169.png

Man thought all these were being retired. Marines hate them, all sorts of bad stuff to say about them. The G19 is the be all end all....

View attachment 7452927
    What? are those magazine pouches on his pack frame/face/whatever you call those? 😜 I'm old and all that shit post dates me.;)😁

Added: Didn't all the services go to the M17?

I just trained with some raiders and all still had the .45. Most of the bases security forces have the M17 now.

I didn't even know they renamed the Special Operations Battalions "Raiders" again. :rolleyes: Started in '14 I guess.:cool:

The Marines is the only branch that I can’t keep track of with all their units and they seem like they change or designate their purposes all the time. My buddies try to explain it but I’m a dumb Army guy.

Reactions: sandwarrior
    What? are those magazine pouches on his pack frame/face/whatever you call those? 😜 I'm old and all that shit post dates me.;)😁

Added: Didn't all the services go to the M17?

Thats looking out for your buddy up your backside.......

Insert ghey joke here......

• Haha
    Just yesterday I was wondering to myself "Do they still use the M45/MEU(SOC)? It SAYS it's out of service but is it really? I don't really believe they all went over to the Glock Side." Guess this answers my question, haha.

But yeah, I see pics of guys with mag pouches on their backs. Why?

Got any pics of the supposedly-retired Mk 12 SPRs within the last three years? Or of the supposedly-in-use HK45CTs the Navy fellows use?

Reactions: Berglander
    Any background on what that is?

More compact than M17.

Probably for pilots or armor crew.

Sig did same thing with 226 and the 228.

Wish my job had the brains to buy two pistols, full size for those that can, compact for those that cant.

Going "medium for all" sucks.

Do they use the Safari land holster? Do they just eliminate the top drop strap and one of the leg straps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-081024_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201025-081024_Chrome.jpg
      528.5 KB · Views: 101
    • Screenshot_20201025-080839_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201025-080839_Chrome.jpg
      714.5 KB · Views: 91
    mag pouches on the back, at least in my unit's SOP, was for flashbangs. The guy behind you in the stack could grab a banger off your back. Real estate on the front of the vest was always a premium.
    Ah I knew about the flashbangs-on-your-back thing, same with smokes, but I thought a flashbang would be bigger than a pistol pouch so I didn't think about that.

Why the drop in caliber is the 9mm better then 45acp ?

• Haha
    Reactions: Mr. Z
    Do they use the Safari land holster? Do they just eliminate the top drop strap and one of the leg straps?

Safariland makes a leg panel with an articulating belt attachment and single strap that for some reason doesnt show when you do the M45A1 "Gun Locator" jazz.

Their site kind of sucks actually.

I just bought a holster this am.

I asked for a coupon code in the "Equipment" forums and was rewarded with someone providing a 40% off code that works if anyone is interested.

The Safariland shows a "big" drop rig/two strap/leg panel that I think was intended to be issue for USMC.

It has a hood/multiple safeties, looks to be Level 3 retention.

Looks like guys in the photos went with a medium drop and a belt mount.

The holster I ordered is only Retention 2 with capacity for an X300U. It should look like the one pictured without the leg panel and articulating belt mount.

Its similar to my work holster.

I intend to mount a GCode universal mount and will use an RTI wheel with leg strap so I can change out for whichever pistol I decide to carry.

Last edited:
    Reactions: salks
    Once upon a time,,,in a long ago Recon BN.....
    We had turned in our 1911A1 for the new than M9's.
    Lasted a whole 2 months.
    Then we got back our beloved 45s.

Loves me some MEUSOC Mod 0 with the Commander hammer.

A great looking gun.

Safariland makes a leg panel with an articulating belt attachment and single strap that for some reason doesnt show when you do the M45A1 "Gun Locator" jazz.

Their site kind of sucks actually.

I just bought a holster this am.

I asked for a coupon code in the "Equipment" forums and was rewarded with someone providing a 40% off code that works if anyone is interested.

The Safariland shows a "big" drop rig/two strap/leg panel that I think was intended to be issue for USMC.

It has a hood/multiple safeties, looks to be Level 3 retention.

Looks like guys in the photos went with a medium drop and a belt mount.

The holster I ordered is only Retention 2 with capacity for an X300U. It should look like the one pictured without the leg panel and articulating belt mount.

Its similar to my work holster.

I intend to mount a GCode universal mount and will use an RTI wheel with leg strap so I can change out for whichever pistol I decide to carry.

Thanks for the info. Always wanted to get a holster for mine. Never liked that big drop/ 2 leg strap. I like the way the guys in the pic are carrying it.

View attachment 7452927

I love 1911’s more than the next guy but using a picture of a guy with NODs down in the daylight doesn’t lend itself to operator level credibility....

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver
    I love 1911’s more than the next guy but using a picture of a guy with NODs down in the daylight doesn’t lend itself to operator level credibility....
    The rest of the photos kinda suggest it's either early AM or late PM, so having them down might work just well enough to light up shadows and make it easier for going into the building 'cause you wouldn't need to transition.

Here's a closeup of the guy with the pouches on his back:
    1603646910329.png

@Freedom790 's suggestion that they're flashbangs seems appropriate for a breaching exercise.

Thanks for the info. Always wanted to get a holster for mine. Never liked that big drop/ 2 leg strap. I like the way the guys in the pic are carrying it.

Saw the single strap thigh plate on GovX.

Looked like they only had black though.

Do some searching on the Safariland site you will probably get it in coyote.

Use that code in my Equipment section query for 40% off.

Dick pics unconfirmed to work as yet.

Reactions: salks
    Make mine with no front serrations please.

Had hopes of buying a CMP 1911 and sending it to KC Customs......
    Always thought the front serrations wrecked the flow. If I could find a vintage 1911 frame to use for one...

Sometimes, late at night, I think "What if I convert my 1943 A1 into a MEU(SOC)?"

Reactions: pmclaine

Those nods arent 15's they're 31s and they fold sideways like wings unlike 15s.

Probably wrong.... but!!!! That looks like a photo op. No wear or rear on anything.. no sweat, no dirt, etc

I have seen guys run chemlights and other various admin gear in mag pouches on the back when it’s not exactly needed up front too

Make mine with no front serrations please.

Had hopes of buying a CMP 1911 and sending it to KC Customs......
    I always check there various sites for custom 1911's built on GI frames. You can find donor guns, that may already have the correct grip and or thumb safeties. If its been stippled, you're throwing some Pachmayers over the stippling, so it won't been seen. The best part is its collector value has already been "Ruined" so you wont have to stay up late a night! Oh, one thing that can be of concern is if the ramp has been over cut, if so Jim at Innovative Custom Guns is your man.

Did you X out the USMC?

And would it be blasphemous to do a retro MEU(SOC) but add a rail to the dust cover, d'you think?

Its one of the USMC returns that came out a few years ago on Gunbroker. USMC did that before they "surplussed" them.

Marines had warranty concerns with them in some commands and Gunbroker sold both NIB (this one) and used M45A1s.

If you want a railed pistol just get a railed pistol but dont call it MEU(SOC) perhaps MEU(SOC inspired or "ish".

Clones - you either go all in or you use them as inspiration and build them to your specification and call them inspired.

Its one of the USMC returns that came out a few years ago on Gunbroker. USMC did that before they "surplussed" them.

Marines had warranty concerns with them in some commands and Gunbroker sold both NIB (this one) and used M45A1s.

If you want a railed pistol just get a railed pistol but dont call it MEU(SOC) perhaps MEU(SOC inspired or "ish".

Clones - you either go all in or you use them as inspiration and build them to your specification and call them inspired.
    Neat.

I actually don't know if I want a railed pistol, tbh. S'kinda why I asked. I've never had one before and not sure I'd want to, but for a little while now I've been wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to get one.

Mind you, I'm not sure if I do want to clone a MEU(SOC). I kinda like the idea of an inspired pistol with vertical slide serrations and the arched mainspring housing instead. Caspian slide/frame, copies of the USMC sights and safeties, rowel hammer, not 100% sold on pachmayr grips or just brown G10 versions of the old A1 ones, probably a barsto barrel like the originals. Kinda an early Gen2 pistol with the arched housing, I suppose, or if 1980s Army units decided on something similar. If I want a rail on it, it'd be one of the Caspian screw-and-solder-on ones that I'd need to drill-and-tap the dust cover for.

Neat.

I actually don't know if I want a railed pistol, tbh. S'kinda why I asked. I've never had one before and not sure I'd want to, but for a little while now I've been wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to get one.

Mind you, I'm not sure if I do want to clone a MEU(SOC). I kinda like the idea of an inspired pistol with vertical slide serrations and the arched mainspring housing instead. Caspian slide/frame, copies of the USMC sights and safeties, rowel hammer, not 100% sold on pachmayr grips or just brown G10 versions of the old A1 ones, probably a barsto barrel like the originals. Kinda an early Gen2 pistol with the arched housing, I suppose, or if 1980s Army units decided on something similar. If I want a rail on it, it'd be one of the Caspian screw-and-solder-on ones that I'd need to drill-and-tap the dust cover for.

KC Customs does some nice clones of the original MEU(SOC) line.

My favorite is the no rail Mod 0 with the Commander hammer.

With the light on this one the pistol is a bit of a nose heavy pig.

Ive been dealing with some sort of bursitus/bicep injury for over a month or so now and Im really hoping it gets better before my class in January as Im probably about 80 percent strength in my dominant arm. Might end up using a Commander. The goal of my class is to get some familiarity with a 1911 doing drills.

Reactions: deltawiskey
    KC Customs does some nice clones of the original MEU(SOC) line.

My favorite is the no rail Mod 0 with the Commander hammer.

With the light on this one the pistol is a bit of a nose heavy pig.

Ive been dealing with some sort of bursitus/bicep injury for over a month or so now and Im really hoping it gets better before my class in January as Im probably about 80 percent strength in my dominant arm. Might end up using a Commander. The goal of my class is to get some familiarity with a 1911 doing drills.
    KC are the ones I'm looking at for the repro parts, yeah. And being nose-heavy is a concern. Think it'd be better to save the light for something more compact or with a bit more weight aft of the trigger. HK45C, maybe, or a full USP45.

Good luck with your class! I'd say bring both and if the fullsize is too much of a bother, switch to the Commander. If familiarity with the controls is the goal, either will work.