• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M5 DBM still an option after Wyatt mod to action

Sterlingb06

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2020
    So I'm debating having my origin SA milled to accept a wyatt extended BDL. I currently have a stock with a M5 inlet and have been running a DBM but am thinking about going to a short magnum like a saum/wsm and switching to a wyatt bdl bottom metal and throating it longer.

Question is, if I do this mod to the action, could I ever go back to the normal m5 dbm?

Thanks. Are their any hide members (or you) that do this? Is this rare or a normal thing?

Any bottom metal (DBM or BDL) for the M5 inlet will work including with the Wyatt box.

The Hawkins M5 Obendorf work for me.

I am also interested in their "Hunter" bottom metal which seems like the best of both BDL and DBM if that's possible.

Good luck.

All of my Borden’s were cut for Wyatts boxes. I ran everyone of them with M5 bottom metals and AICS Mags without an issue.

@22-Dasher - did you do the wyatt cut on the action for any benefit with m5 dbms or was it for switching back and forth between wyatt bdl and m5 dbm? Sorry for all the questions - I promise I'm close to calling this thread resolved.

No. I purchased them that way but had sole intentions of running them with the M5 DBM. The wyatts cut will not help nor hurt you with the M5. It’s a mute point