• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M9 Suppressed

M24_SWS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Somersworth, NH
I am putting a Gem-Tech Multi mount suppressor on my pistol using the MP5 3 lug adaptor.
I was able to order a 12 pound recoil spring but I was wondering what is a good hammer spring weight to order from wolff?

Thank you,

Heath

Out of curiosity... why are you putting a sub gun attachment on your handgun? The added weight of the mount will affect the cycling of your M9. Take all that off and go direct thread, much more simple.

The direct thread versions from what I have heard tend to work themselves loose.
I may be wrong as this is my first venture into the suppressed world. Any suggestions on how to
keep the suppressor from working itself loose?

Heath

The direct thread versions from what I have heard tend to work themselves loose.
I may be wrong as this is my first venture into the suppressed world. Any suggestions on how to
keep the suppressor from working itself loose?

Heath

Just make sure it's snug, I've never had that issue on any of my suppressed handguns. You can also put a small witness mark on the rear face of the can so you can see if it moves. I do this on all my cans. You will greatly regret using a 3 lug mount.

I sent the barrel off to Tornado Technologies to be threaded for 1/2X28 RH.
I am looking at the Gem Tech multi mount as a strong candidate.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a can for a M9?
If there is any advice on parts of the gun that should or need to be upgraded as well then please advise.

Thank you,

Heath

AAC TiRant 9 - go light weight, and this is the lightest pistol can on the market besides the TiRant 9S

The AAC TiRant 9 I have been looking at as well. I wish there was as chance to try before I buy.
The only other weapon I have shot suppressed was a MK23 with the SOCOM suppressor years ago.

Heath

Last edited:
I own the TiRant 9 and its an excellent pistol can. Their lightweight Ti construction and sound reduction are awesome. Shooting 147gr Extreme Shock subsonic ammo is very pleasant to the ears. Also its actually very accurate with this same ammo.

I sent the barrel off to Tornado Technologies to be threaded for 1/2X28 RH.
I am looking at the Gem Tech multi mount as a strong candidate.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a can for a M9?
If there is any advice on parts of the gun that should or need to be upgraded as well then please advise.

Thank you,

Heath
I wouldn't take a gem tec product for free. I am very particular about workmanship, and gem tec fails there, as does their customer service. My favorite pistol can that I own is the Silencerco osprey, followed very closely by the Thomson Machine Isis. Ithe tirant is awesome too, I just like the people at thompson machine and Silencerco a lot better than those at AAC. This is just personal experience, and somewhat biased, but I have owned or ran a lot of rounds through most modern cans out there.

I have had good performance with my AWC abraxas and m-92. small enough to use factory sights, downside would be the grease/wet media , but its good for about 20rds before more is needed, and fairly quiet dry

I wouldn't take a gem tec product for free. I am very particular about workmanship, and gem tec fails there, as does their customer service. My favorite pistol can that I own is the Silencerco osprey, followed very closely by the Thomson Machine Isis. Ithe tirant is awesome too, I just like the people at thompson machine and Silencerco a lot better than those at AAC. This is just personal experience, and somewhat biased, but I have owned or ran a lot of rounds through most modern cans out there.

I have more issues with SilencerCO then AAC. I sent to Osprey's back with baffle and end cap strikes because they botched the pistons for the FNH 45 Tactical.
Had another can on a Sig P220 that got a strike and again, out of spec piston caused it.

AAC has always ran, never had a problem except with a Titan suppressor and they fixed it for free and compensated me for it.

I have no dealings with Thompson Machine and after a demo day, I don't really feel pressed to get one. They may be ok but not something I am dying to get ahold of.

Just my 2 cents.

I have more issues with SilencerCO then AAC. I sent to Osprey's back with baffle and end cap strikes because they botched the pistons for the FNH 45 Tactical.
Had another can on a Sig P220 that got a strike and again, out of spec piston caused it.

AAC has always ran, never had a problem except with a Titan suppressor and they fixed it for free and compensated me for it.

I have no dealings with Thompson Machine and after a demo day, I don't really feel pressed to get one. They may be ok but not something I am dying to get ahold of.

Just my 2 cents.

Roger that.
That's why i threw the bias bit in there. It seems like we all end up having totally different experiences when it comes to silencer companies. The Isis definatly isn't a tirant by any means, but it's a lot of can for the money, and versatile. The tirant is one of the best cans made, period. I've got several thousand rounds through my osprey without a hiccup yet. In the end, if you get one of the top rated cans, you're gunna pee in your pants a little every time you shoot subs!
I forgot to mention, innovative arms makes great cans, at low prices, and Phil is an outstanding human being!

if you get one of the top rated cans, you're gunna pee in your pants a little every time you shoot subs!

Nope,. not even just a drop or two. I will freely admit to giggling like a little girl after the first round of the day though.

I suppose to get this post on track with the subject of the thread I will say I went with the AAC Ti-Rant 45. IF I can ever find the sub caliber pistons I'll be able to run my .45 can on .40, 9mm or 22lr.

Either way spend for one of the best suppressors on the market and you will not be disappointed.

Have a Gemtech Multi Mount with about 3k on it. It starts to back off a 1/4 turn after 2 17 round mags. Talk to Gemtech CS about the problem they offered to take my barrel and fit the thread adapter to the barrel. My buddy has the 9mm TiRant and we compare the 2. First round pop is slightly quieter in the TiRant after that you can't here a difference between the 2. Here a vid of the comparison.

AAC 9MM Ti-Rant VS Gemtech 9MM MultiMount - YouTube

I have a TiRant 9 on my M9 and love it. I check it every so often when shooting for tightness, sometimes it's a little loose sometimes it's rock solid. Not really a big deal, just check every once in a while. Just make sure it's not right after firing more than a couple shots unless you're wearing gloves!

Id highly recommend a TiRant 45. Much more versatile, but a little bigger. I have the 9 and 45, and honestly cant tell the difference in sound when using both on the same 9mm weapon. The Tirant 45 has 1 more baffle than the 9, so its a little longer.

317 - have you had someone else shoot both and you have walked away? I have done this (other manufacturers) and there is a very definite difference between 9mm and .45 if you are down range (9mm better). However at the shooter, the deeper tone of the .45 can was more pleasing to the shooter's ear.

Interested in reading your down range thoughts.

I have had someone else shoot both, but I was standing withing 5 meters of them. I couldnt tell any difference like that. However, I may try a little more distance the next time we got shooting, and see what happens.

The most pronounced difference will be if you walk 30 degrees askew and 20 yrds down range.

Good luck