• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MA implements martial (traffic) law at 4pm!

dbsinh2o

SSgt
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
VA & RI
Might get some heavy snow this evening, so all you MA residents are grounded until further notice...

http://www.eagletribune.com/breakingnews...-1-year-in-jail

"The order is “outright ban on all roads” with no set time for when it will be lifted. There are exceptions for public utility and health care workers <span style="color: #FF0000">as well as delivery trucks and news media</span>. Schwartz said that the maximum penalty for people who violate the ban is one year imprisonment."

Re: MA implements martial (traffic) law at 4pm!

Declaring marshal law over roads only, don't think that will fly in court. Fuck the king and his horse. If the roads are closed they are closed to everyone except LE an life support. He is saying the public can not drive worth a fuck, (which I a agree with) but to allow other traffic, for money reasons is OK?

I cant find words to express my absolute contempt for Schwatz.

Declaring a "state of emergency" in a projected "disaster area" does give the governor the ability to implement certain bans in the interest of public safety.

I'm sure this is done to avert liability rather than to infringe on rights. The governor probably doesn't want any finger pointing at him, a la Katrina, when people make stupid decisions.

As for me, well, I'd still do what I needed to do and drive where I needed to drive despite any "bans." If I'm dumb enough to get stuck in a situation unprepared, I blame nobody but myself. I pay for the roads, so I will drive on them, snow covered or otherwise.....

Legal justification is subjective and is case by case. If I received a citation for being in violation of the above, I'd be prepared to explain the situation in court.

To close the roads due to the storm, I have no problem with. To have exceptions for Public safety (to include utility workers), again, no problem, but....""""There are exceptions for public utility and health care workers as well as delivery trucks and news media""" NEWS MEDIA AND DELIVERY TRUCKS?????? I was unaware that those working in the News Media had special poor weather driving skills-I wonder if you deliver pizza and drive a truck, are you okay, or is it just furniture and dry cleaning supply delivery that is exempt?