• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mack Bros Suppressors

Re: Mack Bros Suppressors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 3's (dealer transfers) are taking 45-60 days.</div></div>

Just had one transfer in 31 days...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one guys and its definatly the cats ass, I have 12 more of them on order and will also be selling them once they arrive. Al and Dale are great guys and are making a great suppressor!! </div></div>

I'll take one, willing to send money now in order to get one of the first ones you get!!!

Sooo when is the mack bros. W/o the sd silencer involvement coming out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beochie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo when is the mack bros. W/o the sd silencer involvement coming out? </div></div>

They are coming out. SD has nothing to do with their product line, he just sells them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 3's (dealer transfers) are taking 45-60 days. </div></div>
same here brother, been waiting 40 days now on a 3...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Form 3's (dealer transfers) are taking 45-60 days. </div></div>
same here brother, been waiting 40 days now on a 3... </div></div>

You think that's bad? A Form 2 which usually takes 9 business days just took 37 business days to be approved.

Key word was WHEN? who will have them?

The oddest thread I've read in a long time.

Do you folks buy allot of things this way?

Any update on the Mack Bros? I would like to know some dimensions, weight, ect. I'm also interested to know what the brakes themselves cost as it looks like I'll need a few
wink.gif

I'm really hoping these guys get a website up that will answer many of our questions.

I don't know SDsuppressor or whoever retailer that is being talked about in this thread, but I don't think you guys should be shocked at a retailer having very little knowledge on these matters. I was told some pretty unreal things just the other day by a large volume dealer in our area. Things like incorrect SBR marking info, "just put stock on and don't worry about it", etc. His "expert" in house gunsmith told me forcefully that the Tirant did not adjust for indexing and no suppressor needs to adjust for indexing. My only point is most of the people in the NFA business know far less about the business they are a part of than the typical consumer on this board. I'd say a good 80% plus are full on dumb-asses.

By the way, I showed the gunsmith the instructions in the Tirant owners manual from their display case how to adjust the indexing. Didn't phase him one bit...Can't fix stupid as they say but is sure isn't a reflection on the quality of the product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohnomrbillk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really hoping these guys get a website up that will answer many of our questions. </div></div>

+1 .. everything appears to be GTG .. but it would be nice to see info directly from them vs second or worse third hand info.

watching the vid on the south dakota website is just ridiculous. yall should think about taking that thing down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">watching the vid on the south dakota website is just ridiculous. yall should think about taking that thing down. </div></div>

Voice that opinion to "him" directly via his site or his contact info via his site. He's pretty insistent on his level of expertise and experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">watching the vid on the south dakota website is just ridiculous. yall should think about taking that thing down. </div></div>

Voice that opinion to "him" directly via his site or his contact info via his site. He's pretty insistent on his level of expertise and experience. </div></div>

I don't really have a dog in this fight but it seems someone who uses buzz words repeatedly to sound intellectual like "military grade sound equipment"
Just is a total turn off from a potential buyer stand point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charger442</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't really have a dog in this fight but it seems someone who uses buzz words repeatedly to sound intellectual like "military grade sound equipment"
Just is a total turn off from a potential buyer stand point. </div></div>
I guess the thing that gets me the most is when uneducated customers are going "there" thinking that they are getting legitimate advice from a reputable source.

A trip over to visit The Major or even other forums, would yield info with a more broad range of comparison, and direct customer feedback, rather than the word of a salesman and a few carefully selected "satisfied customer" comments.

It really comes down to this. "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Can anyone tell me how nuch it was to have this suppressor cerakoted?

I found nothing overly special about mine in 5.56 when I shot it at my SOT's. Now I have two AWC's and a YHM that I have shot a lot so after the big talk build up I was expecting to be impressed compared to those so maybe that was too much to ask. It worked well thats about it suppression seemed no better then my others to me. I need more time with it to see if there is any point of impact change to be impressed I guess. PG

i'm goin to go ahead and bump this thread as i shot one at the gap grind and these things are bad ass!!! i want one of each of what they make, really top end stuff.

I was lucky enough to win one off the prize table at the Grind. Based on talking to George, I am very very excited to get it.

A huge thank you to Mack Bros for sponsoring the match.

I own numerous suppressors from every major manufacturer and I must admit that I am quite impressed with the MB300. Not only does it perform but the fit & finish put it in a class all by itself!!!

Below is a pic of the MB300 attached to one of my GAP-10's:

photo-7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bronson90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I own numerous suppressors from every major manufacturer and I must admit that I am quite impressed with the MB300. Not only does it perform but the fit & finish put it in a class all by itself!!!

Below is a pic of the MB300 attached to one of my GAP-10's:

photo-7.jpg
</div></div>

there is an external design change from the picture you posted, IMHO they look a lot tuffer now, the MB300 no longer resembles the varminter model.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whats the new one look like? </div></div>
bad ass!!! I'll get some pics up when we start killin dogs with em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your cat has a loud ass. </div></div>

confused.gif

Good one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is coming from George, do I have the new style or the older one?</div></div>

Yes George only has new ones...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilsey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can these be ordered from Mack Bro. directly?
</div></div>

The MB-300 can only be ordered through GAP...

Free bump to the top for mack bros.
I stopped by ga precision and checked them out. They are bad ass. Ill be buying one once we move to tenn in june.

Bump again, maybe I missed it but price for can? Brake? I notched there's a 308 and 300 version, can someone tell me if there is any weight or dimensional differences between the two?

**Disregard, Robwilkinson's post answered my questions. I would still like to see more pics or hear some video.

Last edited:
I don't know SDsuppressor or whoever retailer that is being talked about in this thread, but I don't think you guys should be shocked at a retailer having very little knowledge on these matters. I was told some pretty unreal things just the other day by a large volume dealer in our area. Things like incorrect SBR marking info, "just put stock on and don't worry about it", etc. His "expert" in house gunsmith told me forcefully that the Tirant did not adjust for indexing and no suppressor needs to adjust for indexing. My only point is most of the people in the NFA business know far less about the business they are a part of than the typical consumer on this board. I'd say a good 80% plus are full on dumb-asses.

By the way, I showed the gunsmith the instructions in the Tirant owners manual from their display case how to adjust the indexing. Didn't phase him one bit...Can't fix stupid as they say but is sure isn't a reflection on the quality of the product.

Lots of Idiots geting SOT and knowing nothing about business. Local Pawn/gun shop here decided to get on NFA bandwagon with selling supperssors and have been telling everyone that they are. I went in to find out if it was true. Asked who I need to talk to and when I was talking to NFA expert he couldn't tell me shit about anything other than he ordered some. Couldn't even remember what they were, how long till they get here or process on getting one. Had lots of ideas from what he had heard from other guys... very little right. Funny thing is he told me that they were the best you can buy but knew nothing about them. More than likely the thing that was best about them was the margin. :)

Seems we have to educate (with correct info) everyone who comes to us to buy.

Last edited:
I'm very interested of the performance of mb-300. Would love to give my money to a in-state manufacturer.
Also, I've seen Brandon or I mean SD Lord King Silencer man himself at many gun shows. He loves to show off that Barrett and his sparkly jeans. I thought women only wore those?!

I have one guys and its definatly the cats ass, I have 12 more of them on order and will also be selling them once they arrive. Al and Dale are great guys and are making a great suppressor!!

Hi George,

How do they mount? Are they just direct thread on? For the 30 calibers, what thread pitch is used?

Originally Posted By: KYS338
I am also going to call Bryon Gaston @ M3 (worlds largest suppressor retailer) and ask him what numbers he can get me. He has very sophisticated sound testing equipment and a huge database of testing that he has already conducted. I would trust his word over any one else.

I think Bryon is purely a wholesaler now and no longer does any retail sales to individuals. Though I am sure he would run a test on the Mack Bros suppressor if he had access to one.

Robwilkinson -any luck with these numbers?

I'm very interested of the performance of mb-300. Would love to give my money to a in-state manufacturer.
Also, I've seen Brandon or I mean SD Lord King Silencer man himself at many gun shows. He loves to show off that Barrett and his sparkly jeans. I thought women only wore those?!

Have you looked at the Lane LLC cans? They are made in Rapid City SD. I've been selling quite a few of them lately. They sound great and they can be taken apart for cleaning or repair if you have a "oh crap" moment. The .30 cal cans are comparable in sound and size to the SRT Shadow. Figured I would suggest them because as far as I know that's the only other SD based company producing cans right now.

I noticed a few people asking about trust, if anyone in SD is looking for a trust we have lawyer in Souix Falls that has been doing them for my customers for $250. I would be happy to put any member here in touch with him if they are looking to go that route, email works best I just don't get the chance to read the forum that much.

Matt

I own a varmiter from SD and Mack bros and its light and quieter than the Surefires I've been around while shooting

Oh and at 885$ it's priced to sell, they also have little or no zero shift and as far ass long range shooting, talking distances past 700 yards its awesome

Just found this thread and have to say this. I ordered a varminter 2.0 from South Dakota silencers this spring. They were very helpful and got things done quick. They even helped me out on the price which was already very attractive to help with the transfer fee I had to pay to get it to KS. They offered their copy of the trust they use which I ended up not using because I am to in SD. I am in the waiting period but have heard nothing but great things from people who shoot their cans.

Who is selling the muzzle brake mount version of their .308 can? I am interested in one of these. I called GAP several months ago but the guy that answered the phone said they didn't sell MAC suppressors.

Last edited:
Who is selling the muzzle mount version of their .308 can? I am interested in one of these. I called GAP several months ago but the guy that answered the phone said they didn't sell MAC suppressors.

GAP is the only one that sells the MB-300 model. I got mine and the all steel 22 can directly from GAP. They may not have any left right now but from what I understand, more are on the way.

GAP is the only one that sells the MB-300 model. I got mine and the all steel 22 can directly from GAP. They may not have any left right now but from what I understand, more are on the way.

Hi. Thanks for the info. How do you like the can? Is the MB-300 the brake mount version?

Hi. Thanks for the info. How do you like the can? Is the MB-300 the brake mount version?

Yes, the MB-300 is the brake mount version.

I really like it. The attachment method is quick and easy. Great lockup and it's not hard to remove, even after a lot of rounds are fired. It lives on my 260 and suppression is great.
Minimal point of impact change. For the size of the suppressor, the weight is right on par with the lightest Ti cans. Being a magnum can, that is great. I have only positive things to say on it.
I will say with my experience with suppressors, don't give them an honest evaluation until you get 100 or so rounds thru them. They need to carbon up some, once its distributed evenly the can shows its true performance. IMHO