• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Brothers EVO Ti Action?

The Mack brothers titanium action you will not be disappointed with. I just had Tim moon at crescent customs build me a 6.5 x 47 lapua.It is a very smooth action.

Reactions: Braybyrd
I went with a 24" proof barrel a manners CS stock I honestly forget what bottom metal it is

They are an exceptionally nice action, very well designed and manufactured. I do not own one yet but am thinking of selling my Mausingfield to get one for a hunting rifle build. I’ve handled the ones at SHOT as well as having one in the shop for a few days to Cerakote.

Reactions: Braybyrd
Hey guys,
Sorry to dig this up... Waiting on a return email from Mack Bro's... Is the EVO Action compatible with BDL plates???

(will be using Hawkins Precision)

Thanks,

What did they say?

"The EVO will NOT work with a BDL. We will be adding a BDL option next year."

I ended up getting a Curtis Custom - Axiom action and a 308 & 6.5 PRC short action magnum bolt face, to be used with a West Texas Ordnance switch lug.

Reactions: S3th
I asked the same thing about 4 months ago, glad to hear they will be adding it next year.

Reactions: 96C
Got two in. Doing a 18 carbon Proof 308
and 26in Carbon Proof in 7WSM

1CC4801F-D27B-4328-8293-28D5952F8B88.jpeg

The only titanium action I can compare them to are older Rem Ti actions and the Christensen Arms Ti actions. Haven’t messed with any other. like Them better by a long margin than either of those. Like them better than most SS actions I’ve used as well. Moon at Crescent Customs recommended them so I decided to try them out. Moon is building my 7WSM and having the 308 built here by Abott Arms.

Reactions: S3th
Mack Brothers’ Evo is a great action. I ordered four after seeing them at SHOT. I’ve since ordered two more. They became a 6.5 CM, that I shot the hell out of in the MMPRL, a 6.5 PRC, three 6.5 GAP 4S’s (two in process) and the last is here waiting to become a 22 CM.

They’re slick and cycle really smoothly. The EVOs are much smoother than my first gen Remington 700 Ti. They’ve all fed flawlessly.

I just sold a custom build on a Ti action (different make).
Honestly I hated the ti action..
I got pressure way early compared to steel, and occasionally had my bolt get stuck on loads that literally showed zero pressure signs otherwise, and were under book.
Apparently ti stretches 3x more than steel.

Has anyone noticed these issues with the Mack?

No never experienced anything like this at all and I’m on my second evo
I just sold a custom build on a Ti action (different make).
Honestly I hated the ti action..
I got pressure way early compared to steel, and occasionally had my bolt get stuck on loads that literally showed zero pressure signs otherwise, and were under book.
Apparently ti stretches 3x more than steel.

No

Has anyone noticed these issues with the Mack?

Last edited:
I have 4 EVO’s and just ordered another 3! By far the nicest, smoothest, well machined Titanium action on the market. I have personally only had magnums built and have had 0 issues at all with a sticky bolt. These guys got it going on! I run their suppressors also. Just ordered a Helium!! Can’t wait!

I'm on their list. I will get one of each. Steel for a PRS build. Ti for a lightweight rifle I want to waste money on and use about 10 times in my life.

I ended up having LRI build my shorty 308 On the Ti Evo action.
ordered two of their SS actions and sold one MF SA to a friend
and the 308 BF SA to my Brother. He had LRI build a shorty 308
for him as well. Haven’t seen the first issue outta their Ti or SS actions.

Bros SS LRI 308

37AD5653-EE0A-4424-BEE7-D3A97853EB79.jpeg