• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Made the Plunge

dhutch

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
Frisco, TX
Well I took the step, right off the cliff this time!

I broke down on Friday and finally picked up a Remington 700P in .308. My optic choice was a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14 LT/R Illuminated, with the mil dash recticle. The shop owner threw in a GG&G pictanny base and rings for free.(Not the best base and rings, but they were free) Also, picked up a harris bipod 6-9" adjustable.

I took the rifle to the range on Saturday to get her sighted in, and do some grouping. Got her sighted in finally, but by the time I got to grouping I was too damn cold to continue shooting. I was shooting BH 175gr Match as well as Hornady 168gr Match.

What's next? I know I need to get to the range with a chrono so I can put together some tables for longer range shooting. Any other vital pieces or accessories yal can think of that I might need. I'm hoping to be able to shoot a team sniper match up at Tiger Valley in the latter part of this year with a good buddy. I guess practice practice practice is up next.

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

Re: Made the Plunge

get a sock and fill it with airsoft beads. Light weight and doesnt hold water like sand. Maybe a bolt knob upgrade in the future if you're planning on comps. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I really like the larger knob on my rifle. But learn with what you have for awhile so you can appreciate future upgrades later on. Great lookin rifle btw.

Re: Made the Plunge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rem_.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a sock and fill it with airsoft beads. Light weight and doesnt hold water like sand. Maybe a bolt knob upgrade in the future if you're planning on comps. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I really like the larger knob on my rifle. But learn with what you have for awhile so you can appreciate future upgrades later on. Great lookin rifle btw. </div></div>

Gunsmith said he'd do the bolt knob for free if I provided the knob. So, once I order the knob and it comes in, success!