• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Mag Baseplate Popped Off

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Anyone have info on a baseplate from a G17 mag popping off when getting smacked home with palm? Factory mag (not sure of gen, notched for RH only), factory plate/internals. Everything looks good, no worn areas or cracks. Was used three times today before the plate come off. Thanks.
@1J04

Last edited:
Covid has been tough on everyone. Is it possible your support hand suddenly gained superhuman strength for some reason or another? :^)

Joking aside, that's never happened to me. I use G17 mags in shorter 9mm guns, so I'd think my slap would really be abusive (even without superhuman strength). Are you sure the little retaining pin in the basepad was seated?

I assume it was engaged, but didn't check beforehand. Mag came from a big Tupperware box with the mags I use all the time. I don't remember when I last disassembled/cleaned, but I think I've used them since. The little tit not being engaged is the only thing that makes any sense though.