• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag falls out of KRG Bravo?

Luva_n_FrenZ

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2019
I went out and put 65 rounds from my Bergara HMR on a Bravo Chassis and a W3 forend. I had the magazine fall out the mag well several from recoil. I pulled the forend back as far as I could to get a good magazine seat. Still a tad loose/wobbly but once inserted the mag won't come out even when I try pulling it out. It'll only drop out when I hit the mag release. I always double check and ensure the mag snaps in to ensure its inserted properly

I tried four of the new steel Accurate 10rd magazines and they all seem to randomly fall out from recoil. I doubled checked the actions screws and forend screws, none loose. Again, this only happens randomly from recoil.

I'm reading that the trigger guard can be moved forward slightly?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did just that and it tightened the mag up. I will try it out at the range and see how it goes.

Last edited:
The AICS pattern mags vary a fair amount in their size but you should be able to get things to where the magwell is so tight the mag nearly won't go in. Years ago we reinforced the mag catch spring and that took care of mags falling out under recoil typically unless the magwell was just too loose. That said, we don't have a lot of experience running a Bergara in our chassis. Let us know how it goes next time out and we'll get it figured out. Thank you for your business,
Justin

Older thread but today at the range when the magazine was down to just one or two rounds, it would not fall out of the mag well but it would come unseated and the bolt would slide right over the top of the round. I’d have to push magazine back up until it clicked.

I am going to remove the polymer fore arm to install a spigot and the barreled action to adjust the screw above the trigger guard.

This happens to me (mag falling completely out) on my T3 Bravo occasionally, but only with AICS mags. MDT and ARC mags have been perfect. I tried adjusting it, didn’t like how tight it was at all and loosened it back up for easy insertion/removal while still being secure with the mags I prefer to use.

Reactions: kodak45
AICS mags(MDT) with my Bravo and .223 CTR, wouldn't feed the last one or two. Adjusted the catch forward, same, same. It sits idle with the factory stock back on it. I may explore the longer catch one day, but for now I resist the urge to throw it.

Reactions: General RE LEE
AICS mags(MDT) with my Bravo and .223 CTR, wouldn't feed the last one or two. Adjusted the catch forward, same, same. It sits idle with the factory stock back on it. I may explore the longer catch one day, but for now I resist the urge to throw it.

I moved the trigger guard forward and made sure the polymer forearm was positioned correctly. Didn’t seem to increase tension much on the magazine so I will see if the magazine drops a tad on last couple of shots.

I went to range today with my CTR 308 with CTR Mag Bravo and the mag was popping loose with each shot. This is after I adjusted the trigger guard and forearm to tighten mag well.

I called KRG and they are sending me a set of springs to replace on the mag release. Excellent customer service.

I went to range today with my CTR 308 with CTR Mag Bravo and the mag was popping loose with each shot. This is after I adjusted the trigger guard and forearm to tighten mag well.

I called KRG and they are sending me a set of springs to replace on the mag release. Excellent customer service.
AICS mags or CTR mags? Mine runs the ctr mags without issue. Sometimes trying different AI mags can help. They’re not always the same. Especially between steel vs Magpul pmags that I have

AICS mags of CTR mags? Mine runs the ctr mags without issue

CTR mags. My other Bravo that runs CTR mags has no issue. It’s just this one. Recoil of the rifle seems to pop the mag loose. It’s a braked 308 so not a hard kicker.

I’m interested what the springs will do. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: hafejd30
Has anyone changed the springs on the mag release for KRG Bravo before?
If memory serves me correctly the pin only fits one way. I had a little hiccup with an aluminum trigger guard and I think that’s what the issue was. I’ve slept a lot since then. Other than that it was easy and straightforward

Reactions: General RE LEE
Hang tight but I might have found a solution for some, including myself, that are having issues with the magazine coming unlatched or popping loose under recoil.

I pulled the spring from the magazine release catch. It is pictured on the left. It is the same size and length as the the beefier Tikka factory trigger spring on the right. I have a bunch of these Tikka factory trigger springs laying around after swapping them out with Mountain Tactical springs.

I installed the factory Tikka trigger spring and it fits. Now my magazine seats with a nice “pop” and that sucker is locked in there. When I depress the mag release, the magazine will not fall out of the mag well. I have to use the other hand to pull the magazine out.

I did have to make small adjustments to the trigger guard. If it was all the way forward, it was too tight of a fit for the mag release lever to release the magazine. In the middle position, the magazine is snug with virtually no play but I am able to remove the magazine. With the trigger guard all the way back, it’s got too much play.

I will report back after a visit to the range tomorrow if installing the Tikka factory trigger spring works. For now it seems to do the trick.

62D4BC6E-FED0-4A6D-B232-DAD6E93F43AC.png