• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag recommendation.

Placebo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2010
Illinois, Big rock
Just picked up my first AR and a good deal. Its a DPMS Bull 20". Was curious what mags you folks would recommend to buy right off the bat. As always thanks in advance.

John

Re: Mag recommendation.

Thanks for the quick responses. Ordered a few 30's and a couple 20's for bipod. You folks are the best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Placebo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up my first AR and a good deal. Its a DPMS Bull 20". Was curious what mags you folks would recommend to buy right off the bat. As always thanks in advance.

John </div></div>

pmag,,, then 2nd pic would be a pmag. if you had no other option, then i would get a pmag.

I'd highly recommend the PMAG as well. Whether it's 2nd generation or the newest release, they will last longer and be far more reliable that the aluminum GI Mags. This time of year there will be many sales from numerous companies as well. You can pick them up and save a few bucks if you watch.

I'm gonna be contrary here...I got rid of my PMags and have transitioned back to USGI (D&H) mags with Magpul enhanced followers; I'm adding Ranger Plates as time and money allow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rushfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know of a high quality 30 round mag for .308/7.6?

Found a few on the web, not sure if they are good or not. </div></div>

For which pattern lower receiver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Rushfan said:
For which pattern lower receiver? </div></div>

One that now accepts a Magpul 20 round Pmag magazine

For what it's worth, I'm a fan of the Lancer hybrids with the steel feed lips. 20 round "smoke" versions: translucent so you can see your rounds from any angle? That's pretty slick.

Haven't found them on sale, yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brado16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">20s for my DPMS SASS 308, I believe they only make 30s for 5.56 </div></div>

This. Pmags and don't look back.

Another vote for pmags. I'll try and find the link where they compare the pmags to a whole bunch of other ones for you.... with a truck. Wait one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tallhorse89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you guys mostly use 20s or 30s? </div></div>

I have had no problems with the 30's, but the 20's I had gave me nothing but trouble in every gun I tried, so I do not use the 20's anymore. YMMV.

Attachments

• P9190002.jpg
    P9190002.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
PRI if you want to have extra room in the mag for reloading purposes. I purchased one for the sole task of shooting 75gr Amax.

+1 on the Pmags. I've got a couple thermolds that work fine, but the Pmags "feel" a little higher quality and I like the dust covers.