• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mag. Release for Mega

Lefty Lucas

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2006
Western KY
Don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place but I can't find a mag. release and all parts to complete my build (308). Where can I find the parts?

Thanks
Lefty Lucas

Mag. Release for Mega

The original parts are just a bit undersized. When the release and button are installed the threads of the magazine catch doesn't completely fill the button. Aesthetics I'm sure.

ETA: I've heard that the Armalite AR10 catch is a little longer.

Last edited:
As state, just find a AR15 mag release. Personally though, I like a little bling:

c1ad599fbb5.jpg

i built my MATEN with a standard parts kit. never in all the rounds have i noticed that the plunger thread protrusion or what ever term you would use to describe the condition. but all of a sudden i have the urge to open the safe and look at it. how can i sleep knowing im a few threads short of flush?

thanks. really, thanks. I tried not to think about it. I tried to just forget about the whole thing. but I had to go look at it. there it was, shy of being flush by a few threads. I broke it down and tried my new MATEN upper and 16" barrel and put It away. then I couldn't sleep. It was 3am and I should have been asleep long before. all day I was antsy. I tried to think it was something else. It cant be the gap can it? must let it go. must let it go...