• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Magazine Buying Frenzy

Re: Magazine Buying Frenzy

It really is quite insane. No way in hell I'd buy a single one at any of the current frenzy prices.

I don't particularly care for the gougers, but welcome to supply/demand and the free market.

I support the idea of laissez-faire capitalism, not that we're really anywhere near a true free market or laissez-faire, but I think I'm more annoyed by the people that are willing to actually pay these prices.

A fool and his money.........

I call it the Twinkie Effect.
People who wouldn't normally buy something will purchase one (or more) if the item may no longer be available in hopes to see how much some sucker will pay for it on ebay.

$1500 for a Betamag? I think I'm going to list one and see what happens...

I ordered 100 20rd poly mags from CDNN @ $4 ea on the 18th they hit my CC with payment gave me an order & Conf # checking my statements today the Bastards reversed out the charges and stated due to large demands some orders may be cancelled or delayed shipping or drastic price change...
Hope they choke on them !!! I have bought lots of stuff from them in the past and now getting shit on !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted .308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered 100 20rd poly mags from CDNN @ $4 ea on the 18th they hit my CC with payment gave me an order & Conf # checking my statements today the Bastards reversed out the charges and stated due to large demands some orders may be cancelled or delayed shipping or drastic price change...
Hope they choke on them !!! I have bought lots of stuff from them in the past and now getting shit on !!! </div></div>

That is such bullshit, the two of you entered into an purchase agreement, funds have changed hands, and now they are reversing it. This really sounds like a breach of contract. I'd call an attorney, then call them and make a bunch of threats...

Yea ! I hear ya ! go to their website and it also states this crap...I have tried calling them but never get an answer !!!
It hit my account on the 18th about 30 mins after I ordered to make sure they got it ..I checked and it was pending at my bank as normal for on-line tranactions ..checking now there is no charges !!!
BTW my Conf/Order # is CDNN XX0541 that they sent me an e-mail back with !!!

ESPECIALLY if they didn't have that notice out when your purchase was made....

You can't even get on their website, it's blocked and the page states the following....
<span style="color: #FF0000">
<span style="font-weight: bold">EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
DUE TO A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN SALES VOLUME, WE HAVE BEEN FORCED TO TEMPORARILY SUSPEND ONLINE ORDERS. ORDERS ALREADY PLACED MAY TAKE 5-8 DAYS TO PROCESS. MAGAZINE QUANTITIES ARE VERY LIMITED & PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME!
Unfortunately there will be some orders that cannot be fulfilled due to inventory shortages. We Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and are doing our best to fill all orders that we can.
YOU MAY CALL 800-588-9500 TO PLACE AN ORDER. OUR PHONES HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMED AS WELL AND YOU MAY EXPERIENCE DELAYS IN GETTING THROUGH!
All employees are coming in early and staying late to process orders as fast as we can. CDNN Appreciates Your Patience and Continued Business!</span>
</span>