• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Magazine capacity

Lucreau

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
CO
Just took delivery of a seekins precision havak bravo in 6.5PRC. it came with one 3 round mag. I would like to get more, just wanted some input before I buy.
They just came out with their own carbon fiber mags in 3 round capacity. Is having a 3 round magazine enough? obviously having a few of them. Or should I look to get higher cap mags

What are you planning on doing with the rifle?

Hunting, I'd say three rounds should be enough.

PRS, not quite. Buy some ten rounders.

What are you planning on doing with the rifle?

Hunting, I'd say three rounds should be enough.

PRS, not quite. Buy some ten rounders.
Both really. So get a couple 3 rounders for hunting and the 10 for a match. Looks like area 419 makes a nice extension for the 7rd accurate mags

Then I would get at least two ten rounders. Typically, you'll only need one mag for hunting so that'll save you some coin.

Do the PRC rounds use different mags than a standard short action round? I'm not familiar so I don't know.

Area 419 makes some nice stuff so I'm guessing their extensions would work well.

Then I would get at least two ten rounders. Typically, you'll only need one mag for hunting so that'll save you some coin.

Do the PRC rounds use different mags than a standard short action round? I'm not familiar so I don't know.

Area 419 makes some nice stuff so I'm guessing their extensions would work well.
Yeah I think I’ll do that. Pick up 2 10 rounders and just an extra 3 round for hunting. Thanks for the advice

For PRS, a 10rd magazine and a +2 is the way to go. Most stages will be 10rds. If you have an issue (there are numerous reasons) and eject a round, you will either have to do a mag change on the clock, or single feed from your two round bailout on the side of the gun.

Good luck!

Good point on the extra round. I was looking at Hoptic USA for their quiver

As for the mag, it looks like the max capacity I can get is a 7 round mag. But I can run the area 419 extension to get me to 10