• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine mod

Re: Magazine mod

Haven't done this personally but I've known people who have. It involves a spacer block, usually delrin, and a short action follower. This keeps your ammo in proper position under recoil.

Thanks I might try that, someone also told me that I might be able to modify the ears on the magazine inward a little to capture the SA round. Ever heard of this?

That may not be necessary based on the compatibility of the new, short action case. If, for instance you are going from 30'06 to 308 then you should have no problem as the case body and head are the same only the shoulder is moved back. This is something you'll have to experiment with. However, if your SA round has a different head diameter then you may have to bend the lips and possibly change the follower.

I tried that on a 300 win mag, which I know is bigger, and it slopped around. I cant seemed to find a 30.06 mag. The only one is from H-S and it only holds 3. Maybe Im overlooking something. That is what I did going froma 06 to a 308.