• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine problem Tikka & KRG Bravo .223

RossinFL

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2004
FL
Hello all. I'm setting up a .223 Tikka Varmint in a KRG Bravo with AICS inlet and MDT poly mags. I've searched the forum and found people discussing various problems with the Tikka/Bravo combo but haven't seen anyone specifically mention the quirk I am seeing. If I insert the mag by pushing it firmly into the action, the bolt hits the feed lips on the magazine when moving the bolt forward to chamber a round. I have to actually insert the mag and then pull it back down so it is at the lowest position. The bump on the mag is resting just above and touching the mag catch. I want to be able to firmly push the magazine up into the action and go. Can I adjust the stock to fix this? Do I need to get a metal magazine instead of the poly mag? If I have to insert the mag till it clicks and then pull it down against the catch every time that is going to be a real pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 338dude
I had the exact same problem. I put my 223 Tikka Tactical barreled action into a KRG Whiskey chassis. I had the bottom of the action opened up very slightly and "VOILA" everything worked 100% with AICS and MDT mags. Any competent gunsmith should be able to do this. I was very hesitant to do this but it was not a big deal. I feel this is a much better fix than trimming the magazine lips.

I had the exact same problem. I put my 223 Tikka Tactical barreled action into a KRG Whiskey chassis. I had the bottom of the action opened up very slightly and "VOILA" everything worked 100% with AICS and MDT mags. Any competent gunsmith should be able to do this. I was very hesitant to do this but it was not a big deal. I feel this is a much better fix than trimming the magazine lips.
Are you sure it's the same problem? On my gun the feedlips of the magazine protrude too high into the action. The bolt hits the feed lips when i move it forward. I think I would need to add material to where the mag touches the receiver to make the mag sit a little lower or trim the feed lips. I did speak with someone at KRG. The only mag they would recommend is a metal Accurate magazine. They also said the chassis is designed so that after insertion the magazine will drop down so it is resting on the mag catch.

Reactions: 338dude
I use mdt plastic mags in my tikka/bravo 223.
metal mags also work
Seems like MDT plastic mags working with a Bravo is a YMMV kinda thing. Maybe the fact that I'm using a Varmint and not a CTR makes a difference... not sure.

And when I say that combination doesn't work for me, what I mean is it will work in my gun but I would need to fully insert the MDT plastic mag and then pull it down so it rests on the mag catch. The feed lips will then clear the bolt.

Seems like MDT plastic mags working with a Bravo is a YMMV kinda thing. Maybe the fact that I'm using a Varmint and not a CTR makes a difference... not sure.

And when I say that combination doesn't work for me, what I mean is it will work in my gun but I would need to fully insert the MDT plastic mag and then pull it down so it rests on the mag catch. The feed lips will then clear the bolt.
Mine is the varmint also. My 308 ctr in a bravo can use my metal mags fine but plastic aics mags wont lock in.. weird lol