• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnesium or very lightweight rifle chassis

larryh128

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
Michigan Thumb Area
Anything else out there in lightweight other than XLR & Hunt26? I would love a Hunt26 but I'm having a tough time springing for that one.

Those two are really the lightest I've found ; You can find the XLR carbon used for quite a bit less, it isn't quite as light but its still pretty light.

The hunt26 dampens vibration better than a xlr magnesium. If folder isnt an absolute must, I'd get the new manners LRH with carbon arca rail and carbon mini chassis.

The hunt26 dampens vibration better than a xlr magnesium. If folder isnt an absolute must, I'd get the new manners LRH with carbon arca rail and carbon mini chassis.
Unless he wants it before next hunting season haha. I’d imagine being brand new and the crazy demand for them the back orders may be 9 months

Reactions: 4O6shootist
MPA Hybrid (3.5lbs) or MDT CF (1.6 to 1.9lbs depending on config). I think MDT leads the way with lightest, but haven't done a side by side of all that's out there.

Has manners announced the carbon arca and mini chassis yet? I have only seen the teaser prior to SHOT.

Unless he wants it before next hunting season haha. I’d imagine being brand new and the crazy demand for them the back orders may be 9 months
I got my rem 700 SA, arca, folding stock in carbon within 3 weeks of ordering. They quoted me about 4 weeks over the phone.

Reactions: generalzip
Has anyone had experience with the Falkor CSS? I think that it comes to 1.8kg (4lbs)

Might be a bit pricier, but the Q SideChick chassis is extremely lightweight (about 2.5 lbs) for what it offers. I've got a .223 barrelled action in mine, and it's excellent. Incredibly adjustable, without feeling like a boat anchor or a canoe paddle in form factor.