• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Magnetospeed Mounts: MK Machining Gen 3 vs. Wiser Chrono Mount Pro comments

TCreedmoor

Captain
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2022
Illinois
I bought a Magnetospeed V3 back in June and want to move it from the barrel to the foregrip of my chassis rifle. I'm interested in opinions and feedback from shooters who have experience with the new generation mounts from MK Machining and/or Wiser. I'll be purchasing one of the two in the next month or so. I reload for my 6.5 Creedmoor and shoot groups from a bench at 100, 200 and occasionally 300 yards. I'd appreciate any comments people can share about these two chrono mounts.

I've used both and own the MK, of the two prefer the MK though I wish Tyler would come up wtih some sort of screen mount that you could attach to the Arca of the chassis. 90 percent of my firearms have either a Arca or Picatiny rail option so the MK works well as the integrated clamp accomdates both. The set-screw adjustments can be a little trying but I rarely have to make more that one or two changes/adjustments at a time so usually do the fitting at home on the bench and just bring it assembled to the range (in my kit I placed 2 dedicated ballhead allen wrench T-handles) I think the MK is the best option out there for it's price range. I do have a friend that has the Gray Ops version and that is super nice anodized construction with its tool less adjustability but at double the price, just not a good investment for my needs/budget.

Reactions: TCreedmoor

Inny-outty-uppy-down adjustment. And strong enough to hit on a baracade. Ask me how i know. Pic rail, and i use a arca->pic rail adaptor. Works awesome.

Remove the strap and physically bolts to the part.

Screenshot_2022-11-03-19-49-33-72.jpg

Inny-outty-uppy-down adjustment. And strong enough to hit on a baracade. Ask me how i know. Pic rail, and i use a arca->pic rail adaptor. Works awesome.

Remove the strap and physically bolts to the part.

View attachment 7990179
Looks very robust. I only need the Picatinny mount version. $375 AUS = $236USD

According to their web site, they won’t ship to my US zip code.

Email and ask. AU -> US postage is possible, just required a bit of paperwork. End user cert.. "im not a terrorist, i have a firearms licence in my country" type deal. Same when we buy stuff from usa to aus. ITAR and state dept forms.

Email and ask. AU -> US postage is possible, just required a bit of paperwork. End user cert.. "im not a terrorist, i have a firearms licence in my country" type deal. Same when we buy stuff from usa to aus. ITAR and state dept forms.
But I don’t have a license, I have an inalienable right.

Just poking fun.