• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed T1000 Target Hit Indicator

Yerman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas

Attachments

• photo79930.png
    photo79930.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I don’t have one yet but all the reviews and videos say it holds up very well. Holes close up after bullets pass trough.

They include a replacement in the box and additional replacements are supposed to be cheap.

I ordered one this afternoon so it will be a while before I can give a review

How does it know if you missed and will hold up to 50 BMG at day 1000 yards or 338 @ 100?

Let’s be at least real.

Why does anyone need a indicator like @ 1000 and under with any of those class of cartridges?...

Common, spotting hits is ultra easy.

Now take a 6mm at 1k with a heavy plate maybe a different story... or 2K with your Example..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jasent
It’s real if I have it set up for something small and don’t want to go down range to take it off before shooting something large. Do they say it will be visible from beyond 1000?

why would you want a indicator at all for a miss?... and at extended distances why yellow for a miss and red for a hit? Seems like the two are way too close in color to discern at that distance.

Agree. It makes more sense to have no response at all for a miss, and only respond to a hit.

A simple photo flash with motion sensor from aliexpress will do that and more (put masking tape of various colors over flash and you get different colors for different targets) for much much less.

I don’t have one yet but all the reviews and videos say it holds up very well. Holes close up after bullets pass trough.

They include a replacement in the box and additional replacements are supposed to be cheap.

I ordered one this afternoon so it will be a while before I can give a review

This doesn't make sense to me. You can shoot the part that lights up and it still works? Just doesn't make sense. I've used flashers before but they are Bluetooth and are several feet from the target for obvious reasons. Can someone explain to us how a bullet strike is not going to destroy the part that illuminates?

This doesn't make sense to me. You can shoot the part that lights up and it still works? Just doesn't make sense. I've used flashers before but they are Bluetooth and are several feet from the target for obvious reasons. Can someone explain to us how a bullet strike is not going to destroy the part that illuminates?

it looks to be a clear piece of rubber that a bullet can pass through but not totally destroy, i am sure it can only take so much abuse before it gives up. which is why they include an extra.

Hummmm, I got to say I'm very skeptical. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The wireless/bluetoorh flasher system we use from "T.H.I.S. ("Target hit indication system) is the same price per unit and can't be shot by the user (unless of course you miss your target by 10 feet lol).

Used it this weekend to 1800 yards. Worked flawlessly. I disabled the miss indicator so I don’t know how well that works. Don’t need it.

Cant see it with your naked eye at that range, but I could see it in my scope very bright, my spotter could see it clearly, and a friend behind my 4x range finder could see it.

Works very well. I will be buying more.

I have RO'ed for PRS matches with these indicators on the target. One stage had one target, 10 rounds per shooter under 500 yards. Indicated every hit for the day with over 100 shooters.

The clear part that sticks out is like a gel, we watched one bullet pass through it. The indicator will still function with multiple holes in the gel. The light is behind the steel, and is directed up into the gel, so it stays functional. I have seen ones with about a dozen holes in it, still works well enough to see through a spotter at 1100 yards. They will also be selling the replacement gel parts for fairly cheap if you happen to shoot yours up.

We had the indicator set to mark impacts only, and didn't have any problems with it.

I will be buying one for my own shooting.

Shot mine this weekend at 2k, worked great!

I was skeptical even when I saw.it.
Worked awesome and easy to see at 2050yards. Nice to see it right on the target and not have to look for the light off to the side. Makes spotting misses easier too. Plus at that price its a no brainer.

Thinking about getting one of these. Just wondering how far you can see the light go off and if my .50 BMG will knock it off the target.
Thanks
Kurt

Thinking about getting one of these. Just wondering how far you can see the light go off and if my .50 BMG will knock it off the target.
Thanks
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Easily visible at 2050 yards thru the scope ... should go 2500-3000 without a problem. Light is held on with velcro .
One of the things that could be a problem at 3000 plus is the angle of the bullet coming slightly over the top. Might take it out, but for $150 it would be worth the risk.

If I buy a light this is what I would get
[h=3][/h]

I tried velcro for our IRIS light system, and it didn't hold securely against the bigger cartridges at closer distances. But the IRIS sensor looks to be a lot bigger and heavier than this one, so that could be the problem all by itself. Kurt let me know how the velcro holds up to your 50.

Jeffvn

I tried velcro for our IRIS light system, and it didn't hold securely against the bigger cartridges at closer distances. But the IRIS sensor looks to be a lot bigger and heavier than this one, so that could be the problem all by itself. Kurt let me know how the velcro holds up to your 50.

Jeffvn

I will let you know. Hope to have it by Saturday to test out. If the Velcro wont hold I will figure out some way to keep it in place. I'm hoping that the big surface area of the Velcro will work. I'm going to try it on a 2' square by 1/2" thick AR500 steel at distances of 1500 yards and further. IMG_1492.JPGIMG_1491.JPG

This flasher works great. Was easy to see the flashing at 1500 yards. I'm sure it will be able to be seen at much further distances. Easy to tell the difference between the red and yellow lights. Also very strong Velcro. after about (4) 50bmg hits and (6) 375 hits it was still attached very firmly to the target. Great product.
Thanks

The light is behind the target and reflects up into the "reflector".

Jeffvn

URSA SoCal mounts the IDMs to a plate Kirk supplied (effectively a "U" channel the width of the IDM), secures the IDM to the bracket with screws and wing nuts, and wraps a couple of layers of duct tape over the IDM, around under the bracket, and over the wing nuts - so the screws/wing nuts and duct tape hold it in place. Works just fine at 2080 and beyond - never had occasion to try it closer. That noted, since the IRIS system is no longer produced, we will look into the MagnetoSpeed lite for future deployment. Especially since Hoffer and now Kurt have "endorsed" it.

This flasher works great. Was easy to see the flashing at 1500 yards. I'm sure it will be able to be seen at much further distances. Easy to tell the difference between the red and yellow lights. Also very strong Velcro. after about (4) 50bmg hits and (6) 375 hits it was still attached very firmly to the target. Great product.
Thanks

If anyone could break it you would be the guy Kurt!

Lol. This is true! It worked great. We left miss indicator on and it was easy to distinguish between the yellow and red.

I am thinking of getting one.

Does anyone make a magnetically attached version? The targets are all steel, it would be nice to easily attach and detach to any of my or friends target.

Also what will happen if I hit the strap or chain?

One more question, when does the yellow light goes on? how does it know a miss? if I forgot to even dial my elevation it will be a huge miss, the yellow light still goes on? I am having hard time to see how would that work....

Last edited:
I’m ordering up 3 or 4 and wondered the same. Looked up some videos and I saw that it had to be a close miss, maybe a foot or so to light the yellow miss indicator. Past a certain distance from the sensor and no indicator will flash. I’ll find the vid and post it.

I’m ordering up 3 or 4 and wondered the same. Looked up some videos and I saw that it had to be a close miss, maybe a foot or so to light the yellow miss indicator. Past a certain distance from the sensor and no indicator will flash. I’ll find the vid and post it.
that would make sense. the miss might need to be close enough so the air turbulence is strong enough to trigger the sensor.

I still wonder what happen if you hit the strap or chain tho?

I hope someone will make one that use magnetic to stick on target. I will buy one right away.
The current version... Hesitate.

The only downside to the indicator is that it can't be seen if the sun is going down behind the target. Somewhere around 4-5 PM if you're facing the sun when engaging targets you'll have a very hard time seeing it just because the sun reflects off of it somewhat and washes out the red light. In all other conditions, however, it works great out to at least a mile.

They hold up very well even to 50bmg. We shoot them from 500-1600 yards. None fell off or were damaged. I even ran out of FMJ once and sent an API round down range. Went through the ar500 steel and the hit indicator at 1,600 yards. Still works great and didn't fall off!!

Attachments

• 56742505_2215705062091440_6513580116432388096_n.jpg
    56742505_2215705062091440_6513580116432388096_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 56753118_308316189839057_7425089467905474560_n.jpg
    56753118_308316189839057_7425089467905474560_n.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 57321584_2205573736374828_6737044327085637632_n.jpg
    57321584_2205573736374828_6737044327085637632_n.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 45
They hold up very well even to 50bmg. We shoot them from 500-1600 yards. None fell off or were damaged. I even ran out of FMJ once and sent an API round down range. Went through the ar500 steel and the hit indicator at 1,600 yards. Still works great and didn't fall off!!
That is AWESOME! I have heard they are fairly tough but that is outstanding!

Does any one know where I can get a magnet plate of the similar size of the velcro ? I am think of making one and use it on different steel targets.

Borrowing a unit for a shoot tmrw , supplied velcro is already on another target , so going to try
Nashua 357 gaffer tape instead .
Very happy with T1000 performance , stood up to 375 impacts with solids on a 10 x 10 at 1000 no problem .
Where they are really great is positive hit confirmation at 2k + in bad mirage , when its so bad you cant pick plate
movement out of the mirage .

Last edited:
Reactions: Geno C.