• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagnetoSpeed users, please check my set up

TN-MadDog

Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Ooltewah, TN
I bought a MagnetoSpeed V2 and hope to use it this week. I have been looking it over and getting it set up. Hoping some of you that have been using it would give your opinion of the spacing from the bore.

I used a couple different spacers and this looked the best to me but not sure if it is too close. I have it set up using my suppressor. You can see the piece of rod that I have placed in the bore (very carefully) to use as a gauge.

I did look through the barrel from the chamber end and I can not see the Bayo sensor so I "think" I'm ok.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

MagnetoSpeed002_edited-1.jpg

MagnetoSpeed006_edited-1.jpg

It will. I've shot mine on a skinny factory barrel and a heavy 338 barrel. The factory barrel setup will scare ya it looks like it's so close. But it works.

Last edited:
I got a tracking number the day I ordered it. It went out either that day or the next. No wait.

Well, it was almost that simple. I sprung for the 2nd day shipping. Will post when it arrives. If nothing else, this thing will be much easier to haul around than my P35. I don't think it will work with pistols though. May have to get a little Chrony for that. I can keep my old PACT around for that though.

Push the black strip of what ever you call it all the way to the bore. You may skip bullets off the sensor like I did not too long ago. :D

Man, that's what I'm afraid of! Hope your sensor was ok.

I have the Magnetosphere mounted on my suppressor. The rod extending out of the suppressor showes the bottom of the bore which is just below the top of the black gap measuring gizmo. I feel like there is enough room there without being too much gap. Just wanted some opinions from experienced folks.

Your setup looks like mine, and I also checked down the bore before pulling the trigger on the first one.

I was very pleased with it, it ran without any issues whatsoever on Saturday and I was just pleased as punch with being able to open the CSV file in Excel as soon as I got home. I'm really glad I bought it.

I borrowed one for a week or so and I had more clearance than that. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with what the pics show.

Just for the record I really liked it. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of velocity readings. My only beef is that it changes POI a touch, at least it did for me. That being said we had a few of them out this weekend and on a friend's .308 he was still tagging the thousand over and over again like he normally does with the chrono attached. Didn't hinder his shooting at all.

Hey, Dumb Question. What is it? What does it do??

Its a chronograph? Holy shit? Ive never seen a chrono that hooked directly to the barrel. Damn lol, I learn somethin every time Im on the hide.

Last edited:
yes, its a chrony. It works by using magnetic fields, I'm assuming induction method, then detecting the interruption between two fields. Think of how a metal detector works, now add two with one start and 2 stop.

Interesting as air guns have had this concept (Chrono on barrel) for a very long time.

Combro

I had one in the late 90s.

Despite air rifles putting out a lot of air and disturbance alongside the pellet it works magnificently.

I was wondering when they would get around to making a centerfire version!

It makes it so much easier to chrono when other people are shooting on the same line, as now you dont need to stop shooting to start/stop using the chrono.

I don't think I had mine that close to the sensor deck using my can.... But if you can't see the sensor deck through the can you're probably ok... I'd start just a hair further from bore centerline personally just in case.... But that's just me...

I love mine. That looks like good spacing to me. I have run it less than that and never donked the bayo with a bullet yet. I tend to set it up and just with look through the barrel (on a bolt gun) or look from out front down the barrel on an AR. Of course empty chamber, locked back bolt and no one near it. LOL

Sitting at the range letting my rifle cool.

Put 15 rounds across the Magnetospeed to try it out. Worked great. I guess the spacing was good.

Last five rounds I put on a new target and then took the bayo off. The next ten rounds without the chrono went into the same group with no apparent shift or change in dispersion.

Will do more testing some other time. I really just want to shoot today!

Very happy with it so far.

Thanks for the help.

Edited to add:

I was shooting at 300 yards. When I got home and looked closer at the target, there could be about an inch shift in the center of the groups. The rounds fired without the bayo ended up with a slightly smaller group. But that could have just been me. Hopefully I'll have time to work with it more soon.

Last edited: