• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MagnetoSpeed V3 press release !

Fred @ Bison Tactical

Bison Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 18, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    www.bisontactical.com
    New - MagnetoSpeed is releasing a V3 model. The V1 and V2 will no longer be manufactured. Here is the list of improvements to the V2:

The V3 MagnetoSpeed now has:

● Improved Display
    ○ A three-button menu system (replaces old toggle switch)
    ○ Battery options are; (1) 9-Volt or (2) CR123s (replaces 4 AAA batteries)
    ○ Easy access battery compartment, no need for screwdriver to swap batteries
    ○ Improved shooting modes, with the ability to now operate with air guns
    ○ Downloadable firmware updates
    ○ Advanced data logging and troubleshooting capabilities
    ○ More compact and rugged display housing
    ○ Rapid-fire mode with rate-of-fire

● Re-designed Bayonet
    ○ Ruggedized strapping system; with metal buckle and triad thumb nut
    ○ Same proven MagnetoSpeed technology, but with updated sensor design
    ○ Sleek new profile and color scheme
    ○ New strap bracket to allow for future alternative attachment options
    ○ Added dual/redundant data connection points

As part of the transition to our new V3 chronograph, we will no longer be manufacturing our V1 and V2 models. The V3 model will be a great alternative for anyone that was into the market for our V2 model with a MSRP of $399.

There is a new base model in the design phase called the "Sporter" which will take the place of the V1 ultimately with a MSRP goal of below $200 aimed for market around summer 2014.
    Pictures
    https://plus.google.com/photos/1003...s/5980367721386202113?authkey=COr-2OLbsK_RqAE
    YouTube
    MagnetoSpeed V3 Ballistic Chronograph Overview - YouTube

I was thinking about this the other day, that they would probably come out with a V3 before I've even had the chance to take the V2 I bought last year out of it's box. I'm sorry I was right, but always great to see a better product get rolled out.

I don't really think there is any downside to the V2 - most of the changes are nice, but none seem really major from the perspective of actually using the V2 - at least with the shooting I do. Perhaps the downward data connection might be nice for DTA short barrel shooters - but other than that, most of the upgrades are just nice to have features and the V2 should work just fine for most people.

However, I will really know more once I have hands on one !

I am guessing it measures the rate of fire - but it wasn't clear from the press release.

Yea, I meant the range though, like measures upto 800rpm, 1000rpm, etc. Like I wonder if it's fast/reliable enough to measure differences in cyclic rate of full auto guns.

Or if "rapid fire" falls short of full auto and is more for the 200-500 rpm range?

Anyone else worried when they see a clean reloading bench ?

J/K. I'm in the market for a MagnetoSpeed. I like the changes. Can't wait to pick one up!

Come on man!!! I just bought my damn V2 a few months ago and now theres a V3, LOL. Dammit!

I love my V2 but the V3 really has a lot of new features. The Downloadable firmware update is the most important to me. Does the V2 allow for Downloadable firmware updates?

Kiwi Greg

How did the V2 work with your brakes on the 375s, were you able to use them sufficiently or was there not enough room to mount the V2 with the large or longer brake?

Cheers

Kiwi Greg

How did the V2 work with your brakes on the 375s, were you able to use them sufficiently or was there not enough room to mount the V2 with the large or longer brake?

Cheers

I modified it a little to fit the old 6 port T5 Terminator brake.

I found group size was unchanged but moved to the right 2-3 moa at 2050 yards, some of that may have been conditions ?

6 port T5 Terminator muzzle brake.

5 port T5 Terminator muzzle brake.

I would be happy just to add the new sensor to my unit.
    The bottom data connection is what I need the most,.
    Too many times as mentioned there is not enough space to clear the plug on the data port.
    The new display unit is improved but the old on will do everything I need it for.

at $400, that Labradar thingie is looking better and better. In fact it's the first product I've been really excited about the release of in quite a while. Magneeto better be on their toes with their pricing, cuz if labradar is all it's supposed to be, that $100 in price difference between it and the V3 is gonna seem like peanuts.

I don't know what I hate worse, setting up sun screens, or reaffixing a bayonet to different rigs all day (and having it invariably loosen up and have to be screwed with.)

Just got my V2 1week ago, but it works fine for what I need for my bolt guns. Not every "New and Impfproved" products are worth the switch!

at $400, that Labradar thingie is looking better and better. In fact it's the first product I've been really excited about the release of in quite a while. Magneeto better be on their toes with their pricing, cuz if labradar is all it's supposed to be, that $100 in price difference between it and the V3 is gonna seem like peanuts.

I don't know what I hate worse, setting up sun screens, or reaffixing a bayonet to different rigs all day (and having it invariably loosen up and have to be screwed with.)

It just seems very unlikely to my that labradar could possibly be $400. It looks and has the feature list of something that seems right at about $800-1200

[MENTION=9871]Kiwi[/MENTION] I wonder if you could trim those spacer pads to move the bayonete forward? They are a replacable item, so maybe not a big deal to cut up a few? That might gain you half an inch or so?

Others:
    Not sure exactly when they are going to start shipping - but they say in March - so keep watching for em.

I think one of the changes was the switch on the display unit - they moved to a push button style verses the scroll wheel as I know there were some reports of people breaking theirs when they were too rough on them.

I like the new features, but will have to check it out to see if the new features are worth the switch on my personal unit (all dinged up and dusty now)...

That might be doable - I know the V2 parts are available independently - and they said it should be backwards compatible
    It is ... I talked to Ivan yesterday but he won't have enough to ship as parts for 'several months' (his words) because he is filling the pipeline with V3 kits.
    I can wait (no choice).:(

I'm wondering if I should wait until July and go for the v4 model......?

If anyone wants to sell their V2 please let me know. My Chrony Beta Master still does the job but to much to wait for cease fire at the ranges for set up. Let me know Thanks

It looks like it uses a 3.5mm headphone jack for data transfer to the display. Is there any chance in the future it could connect straight to a iOS, android, mac or PC? It looks a good unit and it's about time I upgraded my pro chrono so I will probably buy one in a couple of months.

Yep... But a better attachment system, more range in the mounting options, quicker to use display and more projo/velocity spread is a good starting point

Jt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would love a picatinny adapter so it would be useable with the DTA Covert.

[MENTION=71348]Sethshaun[/MENTION] - they do note that they are working on "alternative mounting options" and I think that is exactly the idea - seems to be a common request

by the way, these are now available for pre-order on my website - checkout the SH thread here (and don't forget the SH discount code - for a screaming deal !).

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ospeed-v3s-bisontactical-com.html#post3036056

Last edited: