• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnum in Silencerco Omega

AZ_Artilleryman

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2018
I'm putting together a 300 Norma Magnum with a 28" barrel. I have a Silencerco Omega 300, who's max rated cartridge is 300 Win Mag with at least a 20" barrel.

Would it be stupid to try 300 Norma mag through it? 300 NM has a higher peak pressure but I'm using a fairly long barrel. Is my assumption that pressure at the muzzle with my rifle will be comparable to a 300 Win Mag with a shorter barrel reasonable?

Personally, I wouldn't go on long faster strings of fire with it. This is speaking from experience. I launched the core of my Hybrid down range with a 300NM and a somewhat fast string of fire. They warrantied the can since I still had the outside sleeve. But have not used it since. Have since ordered a TBAC338 Gen 2 SR that is still in jail. I have other 30 cal cans that I can use but won't since you are burning a lot of powder for the smaller 1.5" cans.

An Omega is not going to be optimal in that role, ideally you would use something like a TBAC Magnus.

I would reach out to SiCo and get their thoughts in writing.

1691527520332.png