• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul 700 short action Magazine Well/DBM

panzerr

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2011
Minnesota
sixty-six.org
Have any of you guys tried out a Magpul 700 magwell/DBM in a McMillan or Manners stock? I’ve seen some hack jobs on cheap stocks and apparently they work, but I’m looking for more insight. I have a McMillan A3-5 on order for a “lighter weight” build and I could save a few ounces and dollars over a Badger M5.

Have any of you guys tried out a Magpul 700 magwell/DBM in a McMillan or Manners stock? I’ve seen some hack jobs on cheap stocks and apparently they work, but I’m looking for more insight. I have a McMillan A3-5 on order for a “lighter weight” build and I could save a few ounces and dollars over a Badger M5.

The inlet is much different than an M5 inlet. They work well when installed correctly. Here is what one looks like installed in an HS precision stock. It functioned flawlessly. I do not know if the weight on these, but they are probably a little less than a typical aluminum M5 style dbm. Some of the plastic on the upper front part of the mag well needs to be removed for installation into the typical stock. The Magpul stocks are molded where this plastic fits in, but it makes for a lot more material removal from the stock if installed on something else.
IMG_20161221_202331622.jpg

Reactions: panzerr
Thanks for the input. Its great to hear that yours functions perfectly.

I’ll have to ask McMillan if they are set up to inlet for the Magpul DBM. Given the large cost savings I am surprised more people aren’t running the magpul DBM.

I am seeing the weight of the magpul DBM listed at 2.4 for short action 700. Any idea what a Badger M5 comes in at? Their website says 8.6, but I believe that is with a magazine.

Last edited:
I have one on my light coyote gun. I like the smaller release lever on a hunting gun also. With a little filing it fit in a bdl inlet nicely

The la plastic "dbm" dropped right into my hs precision bdl inlet, only issue was unlike typical dbm it doesn't take shcs for action screws. It takes factory style oval heads so you need two sets of factory takeoffs and cut them down to make it work , not a big deal