• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul announces new pmags

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    They've been a long time coming but Magpul announced 10 round pmags for the 308 lr/sr platform at SHOT 2013. They also announced 20 round gen3 mags and 25 round windowed mags for these rifles. 10 round mags ~$19 and 25 round ~$23 msrp. You can find the full press release on their site, click propaganda...

Now we don't have to sacrifice 20 round mags to get stubby 10 round mags.

Re: Magpul announces new pmags

By the time Magpul starts shipping their new 10 rounders, it might not be legal to buy them anymore ... depending on what Obama says tomorrow ... Certainly too late for the NY'ers.

25 rounds for the .308 very nice.

That's good news. I'd like the 10s for hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">25 rounds for the .308 very nice. </div></div>

Definitely good news.

Hope Magpul isn't a day late and a dollar short with these new offerings (at least the high capacity models). The 10-round 20LR's will be nice particularly if they offer a block for them like they do for their other mags to restrict capacity to 5-rounds for hunting purposes. I'm currently using cut-down 20LRs for that purpose, but I would honestly prefer blocked 10-round mags for obvious reasons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope Magpul isn't a day late and a dollar short with these new offerings (at least the high capacity models). The 10-round 20LR's will be nice particularly if they offer a block for them like they do for their other mags to restrict capacity to 5-rounds for hunting purposes. I'm currently using cut-down 20LRs for that purpose, but I would honestly prefer blocked 10-round mags for obvious reasons. </div></div>

MidwestPX sells blocked & pinned 5 round .308 PMAGS for that now. When things aren't crazy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MidwestPX sells blocked & pinned 5 round .308 PMAGS for that now. When things aren't crazy. </div></div>

I know. The ones from Ty are the ones I currently use (as well as some I've hacked up, shortened and pinned myself). Ty worked hard on that design with input from the membership here on the Hide (and elsewhere). They are a great product and not a bad price either...but also NOT easily serviceable for cleaning, maintenance, etc. because of the necessity of pinning the the floorplate on/mag together. That's fine if you are just shooting from a nice, dry, covered bench at the range, but not so good if you are getting your gear wet, muddy, sandy, and otherwise filthy out in the field anywhere. Ty worked on trying to get some rigged where the floorplate would be removable, but no dice in the end.

A true Magpul 10-rounder would be shorter (highly desirable in many situations), as well as having an easily removable floorplate for maintenance that could readily be removed and accept a "block" like they make for other PMAGs to get the capacity reduced to 5-rounds (or 7 depending on your state hunting regs). 10-round capacity when you want/need it with the ease of "converting" to 5-round (or other limited) capacity at other times.

I've been in touch with Midwest PX a couple times and there's little hope the Stubbies will be back in stock. Not surprising since the 20 rd is the parent magazine. The new 10 rd doesn't look more than 3/4" longer so I'll be keeping an eye out for those.

Why is there no plug to make the LR-20 a 5 rounder like there is for the AR-15 20 round pmag?

Should be nice to have 10rd mags from the factory; make for better prone shooting.

Great news, interesting to see how long it will take to get any of them downrange to folks with the lunatics in Washington trying to erode away most of our gun rights.

Mags are going for over $100 a pop on GB right now. It's absolutely insane.

maybe this is why the 308 pmags were hard to find even before the craziness? just turned production to making these to get plenty of stock before release? hopefully whatever I have backordered from larue will be replace by these

25 for .308 is a good idea. It just might be a while before we can get them