• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle Course Update

Woj8541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2010
Yakima, Washington
Attention Shooters:

This is an update pertaining to Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle courses for 2011. Course slots are filling quickly! Training is being conducted in Yakima, Washington during spring and summer months. Our facility offers training in a natural environment; no berms, yard lines or range flags. We have the ability to make 1600 yard engagements in some of the most tricky wind conditions out there. All participants will be receiving a complimentary Magpul Precision Rifle Data Book provided by our friends at Impact Data Books.

May 13-15 PR1: Slots Open
June 17-19 PR1: Slots Open
July 15-17 PR1: Slots Open
July 22-24 SPR: Slots Open
August 19-21 PR1: FULL
September 16-18 PR1: FULL
September 23-25 PR2: Slots Open
October 8-10 SPR (Bozeman, MT): Slots Open

For winter courses, Magpul Dynamics is seeking hosts in the southern portions of the US. If you’d like to host a Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle course, please visit www.magpuldynamics.com and click on the Hosting Link. If you have any additional questions you can PM me, or reach me at the information provided below.

Thanks for your time and we hope to see you on the firing line.

Re: Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle Course Update

I believe you meant to type 2011.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attention Shooters:

This is an update pertaining to Magpul Dynamics Precision <span style="font-weight: bold">Rifle courses for 2010</span>. Course slots are filling quickly! Training is being conducted in Yakima, Washington during spring and summer months. Our facility offers training in a natural environment; no berms, yard lines or range flags. We have the ability to make 1600 yard engagements in some of the most tricky wind conditions out there. All participants will be receiving a complimentary Magpul Precision Rifle Data Book provided by our friends at Impact Data Books.

May 13-15 PR1: Slots Open
June 17-19 PR1: Slots Open
July 15-17 PR1: Slots Open
July 22-24 SPR: Slots Open
August 19-21 PR1: FULL
September 16-18 PR1: FULL
September 23-25 PR2: Slots Open
October 8-10 SPR (Bozeman, MT): Slots Open

For winter courses, Magpul Dynamics is seeking hosts in the southern portions of the US. If you’d like to host a Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle course, please visit www.magpuldynamics.com and click on the Hosting Link. If you have any additional questions you can PM me, or reach me at the information provided below.

Thanks for your time and we hope to see you on the firing line.
</div></div>

who is doing instruction? and bio? ...i couldn't find it on the magpul link...thanks!

cool...thanks!

Magpul Dynamics is pleased to announce that we will be headed to Laredo, TX for a Precision Rifle 1 course, November 4-6 of this year. If there are any shooters in the area interested in attending this event, please contact us at 1.303.828.3460 ext 141 or check out the course description at www.magpuldynamics.com

We still have a few slots available for June 17-19 PR1, July 15-17 PR1 and July 22-24 SPR, which are all being held in Yakima, WA. Those of you in the Montana area, we're coming to you with an SPR course being held in the Bozeman area on Oct 8-10.

I'll work my schedule around these dates, count me in. Once this posts on the MagPul Dynamics website, I'll submit the application.

S/F

For all of those interested in taking this course, I highly encourage you too. I took it in yakima WA and had a blast. Great course with a great instructor. I walked into the course a decent shooter and left a much better shooter. Caylen knows his stuff and teaches well, you will definitely not regret pressing the trigger on this course.

Hi all-

I took Caylen's most recent PR1 course in Yakima. Lucky for me I live here, but I definitely would have travelled to receive his instruction. Hearing the "thunk" 1.5 seconds after you pull the trigger on the steel at 1150 is addicting. Regardless of whether you are a novice, or have a good deal of experience you will be challenged. Caylen is a great instructor. The opportunity to practice tricky wind calls alone is worth the tuition.

Looking forward to going out and watching this pro in action myself!!

if you are in the area and havent signed up for this quality class you are missing out!!

Laredo Texas..... wow, Im almost afraid to ask to go to this location for a school. Is this going to be a leo school or open?

I just finished the Magpul Dynamics Special Purpose Rifle course and there's not enough space in this post to write all the good things I have to say....."learning has ocurred". In 3 short days, the confidence in my shooting has increase 1000 fold. To now be able to effectively utilize my AR-10 out to 800 yards is an awesome feeling. The course is in an absolute picture perfect spot and Caylen is the absolute definition of a true professional. I'd take this course again in a heartbeat. Awesome experience!!!

I also attended the Magpul Dynamics SPR rifle course I have to agree with Shayne it blew away all my expectations. I think that if people knew how much truly useful information and training their is in this course, and also what an incredible instructor Caylen is, that thier would be a wait list for this course like you see with the dynamic carbine and handgun classes that Magpul offers. I am definately going to take this class again, and I hope that Magpul offers a SPR 2 course because it was such and awesome learning experience. If you ever have the opportunity to take a class from Caylen you will definately be pushed to the next level.

Sean

I hope the Precision Rifle Course comes out on DVD sometime in the future. Not that it would ever come close to being a substitute to attending the course in person...

I have friends who have attended the handgun and carbine courses that were held in Western Washington earlier this year, who had nothing but good things to say about the classes.

Maybe it is just me, but watching the courses on DVD gives me the impression that a high skill baseline is important before attending in person.

I recently took the magpul SPR course, it was an amazing class, it was definitely an eye opener I learned so much in just only 3 days and improved confidence with my rifle in different situations. I came out of this class 200% better shooter. Caylen is a great instructor that pushes your skill level where you thought unimaginable. I made some incredible shots, including flipping around a metal target back to its correct position. I hope too magpul will offer a SPR2 course I would be on board to take that course. Hell I might even take the SPR course again, it was such a great opportunity to take this course.

John

Completed the July SPR class. I can highly recommend this class. Caylen is an outstanding instructor that is not stuck on any dogma. We used hold overs and turrets. Strengths and weakness of each was demonstrated in several exercises. I am no longer afraid to spin the turrets. Data books were provided, properly explained and relied on enough that poor data input caused problems in follow on exercises. After having MilDots scopes for a decade, I finally understand and can use them. All my Mil readings were done with Caylen’s rifle as I was the only one not smart enough to show up with a MilDot scope. Couse description said that we would engage targets out to 600 Yds. My data book says that we engaged out to 817 Yds. About 217 YDs farther then what I thought my 16" .223 was capable of. I ran out of turret adjustments at 610YDs, still was able to make repeated hits at 714 YD plate. This was due to Caylen taking time to help me work around the limitations of my scope. Improvise, adapt, overcome! Throughout the class Caylen keep talking about our mid and intermediate range shots. He made me a believer that 800 YDs is nothing more than a chip shot. Before this class I would never have thought of putting a 20MOA base on a 16” rifle, I am now.

An excerpt from my AAR from NCPPRC Forum:

So as a few of you know I headed up to central Washington a little over a week ago for Magpul Dynamic's Precision Rifle 1 class. The Monster energy, Starbucks, and Sirius satellite radio fueled 13.5 hour drive was brutal. By the time I got into Yakima I had high expectations. They were met. After reading a few reviews of the actual class on the Hide I decided to do some research. The instructor, Caylen Wojcik is no joke. Caylen served with the USMC as an instructor at the Scout/Sniper school at Pendleton and fought in Iraq within that role. He started Central Cascade Precision and eventually teamed up with Magpul to head up their Precision Rifle division. After the first couple of hours I could tell Caylen assessed each individual shooter's ability and skill level. He did a little hand holding for the other shooters at times but really pushed me (which I wanted). He took his time to thoroughly cover any questions that were asked.

Thanks for the great reviews! I think this will be on my 2012 list now.

Caylen,

Do you know if you will be coming anywhere near the south east part of the country soon?

We're currently working with a couple hosts in Florida, but nothing has been nailed down for sure.

I'd like to get down there late this year, or early 2012.

Hey guys, I'm the host for the Bozeman class. Anything you guys need as far as locak info just ask and I'll do what I can!! Caylen is top tier instructor and the content is well worth the price!!

That would be awesome! Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're currently working with a couple hosts in Florida, but nothing has been nailed down for sure.

I'd like to get down there late this year, or early 2012. </div></div>

Shooters,

An update for the Laredo, TX Precision Rifle 1 course, November 3-6

We have a couple slots remaining. This looks to be an excellent location for training. Please contact Magpul Dynamics at 303-828-3460, ext 141 and talk with Britt to get signed up.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're currently working with a couple hosts in Florida, but nothing has been nailed down for sure.

I'd like to get down there late this year, or early 2012.</div></div>

Very cool!

If this is so...I know what I am asking from the wife for X-mas

Tag me as interested. I'm a complete novice to long range and would love a course in Florida.

These guys definately know what they are doing and are on the front of progressive tactics. I plan on taking the course down in Laredo if my schedule allows me to.

BTW- if you are a pistol shooter their dynamic pistol dvd set (4 discs) is just unreal. Just watching it made me a better pistol shooter because of the types of drills they illustrate and principles they preach. Chris is one badass with a pistol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're currently working with a couple hosts in Florida, but nothing has been nailed down for sure.

If this is so...I know what I am asking from the wife for X-mas </div></div>

You and me both. I've been trying to get them to come to the Volusia range - so far I haven't heard anything. In any event - whatever they get booked in Florida I will be there.

Shooters

We have a few slots remaining for our Laredo, TX Precision Rifle 1 course happening November 3-6.

For those interested you can contact me via PM, or by contacting our course administrator, Britt Lyle at 303.828.3460 ext 141.

This should be a great course, it's all happening on private land with engagements out to 1400 yards. The event will be fully catered by the host and the range is within 15 minutes of town.

Thanks
Caylen W

Do you have your 2012 scedule? I would like to take the SPR class.

Any news with the 2012 schedule? Would love to take the PR1 before the Division deploys

2012 should be a busy year for the Magpul Training Unit...their new DVD should stir up lots of interest!!!