• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magpul gear on remington 700?

Re: magpul gear on remington 700?

you mean a retarded useless gun with a bunch of plastic shit that isn't designed for it slapped on?

ok i just thought it might be something interesting

Wow, first post - link to airsoft pic.

That's a set of balls.

that was the first pic i saw of the style rail system i liked i didn't even no it was for airsoft untill you pointed it out

Wow, Countersniper? I heard ya had to be super secret tier #1 squirl to get one of those.. ya, let us know what ya come up with..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that was the first pic i saw of the style rail system i liked i didn't even no it was for airsoft untill you pointed it out</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">like this..... http://img.redwolf<span style="color: #CC0000">airsoft</span>.com/upload/product/img/LYLX-ACC-RHG-M14-L.jpg </div></div>

There's a fairly big clue in the web address!!!!

And the fact that the page appears to be covered in Japanese is probably another fair indication?

I thought it was in chinese? tells ya what I know

This is even to dumb for barfcom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im just wondering if anyone has seen trijicon acog / aimpoint / red dot type optic's on remington 700 bolt action guns before also has anyone ever seen magpul gear like ms2 sling / angled fore grip / rail system like this for the m14 http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/LYLX-ACC-RHG-M14-L.jpg for remington 700 id like to build a custom unique gun. </div></div>
Kid,

That was a pict for an airsoft thing, but resembled a M1A SOCOM II, if you are looking for a rail system for a REM700 I think you are looking for a MARS or a Badger.

MARS
27419.jpg

Badger
306-591.jpg

here is a pict of a Socom II
m1a-socom-ii-rifle.jpg

Welcome to the Hide...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rock-N-Ruin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was in chinese? tells ya what I know </div></div>

There is no chinese language. There is mandarin chinas official language then cantonese and a couple of others. No chinese.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is even to dumb for barfcom! </div></div>

Thank god, another person not drinking the Avilla coolaid.

Now if the OP is talking about a chasis system to turn their:
remington700-1.jpg

INTO THIS:

remington_modular_sniper_rifle_msr_1.jpg

Then maybe, just maybe, he's got a valid question. But I doubt it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juice5610</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no chinese language. There is mandarin chinas official language then cantonese and a couple of others. No chinese.</div></div>
Assuming this is true (and Juice sounds like he knows what he is talking about), this is the most informative thing in this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are harsh!
smile.gif
</div></div>

One of this great country's drawbacks of late is the universally accepted (and somewhat encouraged) suffering of fools.....

This is the proper response to such nonsensical diatribe as the OP's inquiry:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you mean a retarded useless gun with a bunch of plastic shit that isn't designed for it slapped on? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the proper response to such nonsensical diatribe as the OP's inquiry:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you mean a retarded useless gun with a bunch of plastic shit that isn't designed for it slapped on? </div></div> </div></div>

If we're going to act all superior, explain how the OP's post was diatribe? The responses were, but not the inquiry. Get a grip people. If he wants rails and Magpul gear on a 700, he ought to checkout that AR-15 style chassis for the 700.

di·a·tribe Pronunciation: \ &#712; d&#299;- &#601;- &#601;- &#716; tr&#299;b\ Function: noun Etymology: Latin diatriba, from Greek diatrib&#275; pastime, discourse, from diatribein to spend(time), wear away, from dia- + tribein to rub — more at throw Date: 1581 a 1 archaic : a prolonged discourse 2 : a bitter and abusive speech or writing 3 : ironic or satirical criticism

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im just wondering if anyone has seen trijicon acog / aimpoint / red dot type optic's on remington 700 bolt action guns before also has anyone ever seen magpul gear like ms2 sling / angled fore grip / rail system like this for the m14 http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/LYLX-ACC-RHG-M14-L.jpg for remington 700 id like to build a custom unique gun. </div></div>

If you want to use something like a Magpul PRS stock and MIAD grip, take a look at this chassis system for the 700.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=465511

Thank you sir for correcting my poor vocabulary. I'm not trying to act superior, it comes naturally-just ask my wife.

I must have been thinking "diahrea of the mouth" instead of "a scathing remark"....

There are plenty of sites for mall ninja airsoft bullshit questions and this forum has taken a step backwards in the past couple years by embracing such stupidity.

Brad9999 posted he'd like to build a unique custom gun. If a R700 with plastic shit all over it is what comes to mind for a custom remington here, then this forum has gone to shit.

I apologize if you have a hard time with my diatribe.

Rock on with your bad self!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G27RR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">If we're going to act all superior</span></span>, </div></div>

Pot....Kettle...Black?

i didn't see the address because i typed in m14 ris in Google images when i saw the pic i immediately enlarged it and put it onto the thread and i know it sounds stupid to put plastic shit all over a sniper rifle but Ive used magpul gear on my bushmaster ar-15 that i modded into a dmr and i really liked magpul stuff and it did help my shooting so i was curius to see how it transferred to a bolt action gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you mean a retarded useless gun with a bunch of plastic shit that isn't designed for it slapped on? </div></div>
I think you summed it all up.

where did you find that badger ris at.

Anyone who asks about placing an Aimpoint on top of a remington 700 makes me question why we are letting mental patients use the internet? This is got to be in the top ten dumbest questions of the all time "Snipers Hide Dumb Shit Award"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brad9999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where did you find that badger ris at. </div></div>

What is a Badger ris?

And as a friendly suggestion, you may want to fill out your profile.

In all seriousness, what are you actually going to being using this magpul remington 700 for?

Everybody knows that sniper rifles are insta-kill in call o' duty. If it weren't for those pesky zoom scopes you could easily PWN all of the noobs so they know you are the 1337357 5N1P3R...

<span style="color: #3333FF"> </span> <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-style: italic">You mean like mine ! </span></span>
Desert_M21.jpg

Its an M21 with a KAC RIS, an ARMS mount and a . . . wait thats my COD gun.

I seen guys put M68 sights on safari guns like the rem700 458. It's good for those super huge safari calibers when you are shooting close at Rhino or something....But again why do you wish to do this to a rem700?

A site with a name like 'snipershide' is bound to attract the worst sort of people I guess

This is my fear. Asking a question that brings down the mountain on me. I know nothing about AR's. I've shot one. I have a friend that just bought one a couple months back. Beyond that, I know nothing about them. I joined this site to learn more about them and ask questions (of which I am certain to ask some stupid ones if I have not already) so that I could make an educated purchase when I am ready to buy one.

I've read through a lot of threads on here and I have to admit that in many of them I've had to stop and wonder <span style="font-style: italic">"What the hell is that part they are talking about and what does it do?"</span> Yet I suppose that is part of the learning process. So far I have been responded to by helpful and respectful people. Did I get lucky and dodge the bullet? I can't imagine Murphy allowed that to happen...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've read through a lot of threads on here and I have to admit that in many of them I've had to stop and wonder <span style="font-style: italic">"What the hell is that part they are talking about and what does it do?"</span> Yet I suppose that is part of the learning process. So far I have been responded to by helpful and respectful people. Did I get lucky and dodge the bullet? I can't imagine Murphy allowed that to happen... </div></div>

At least you are communicating in a clear and understandable manner and you are attempting to read and research on your own to find the answers to your questions before asking them. But we all do stupid shit from time to time, I once jumped on a guy for calling a bolt gun a repeater because I had never heard that term before, boy did I look stupid on that one.

I'd love to see someone try and run a 700 with an AFG way out front and actually use the Magpul style stance while trying to work the action and all that, that would be some serious humor there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my fear. Asking a question that brings down the mountain on me. I know nothing about AR's. I've shot one. I have a friend that just bought one a couple months back. Beyond that, I know nothing about them. I joined this site to learn more about them and ask questions (of which I am certain to ask some stupid ones if I have not already) so that I could make an educated purchase when I am ready to buy one.

I've read through a lot of threads on here and I have to admit that in many of them I've had to stop and wonder <span style="font-style: italic">"What the hell is that part they are talking about and what does it do?"</span> Yet I suppose that is part of the learning process. So far I have been responded to by helpful and respectful people. Did I get lucky and dodge the bullet? I can't imagine Murphy allowed that to happen... </div></div>

One needs to have thick skin here.
This website will be useful for all things AR, AR15
If you decide that you want that Ar for long range precision shooting and load development, then this is the place with the best and most knowable people.
Good Luck and ask questions.

Tough crowd.

Red dot scopes are generally used for rapid target acquisition in close quarters combat for semi-auto or auto weapons rather than bolt-action rifles. Magpul accessories are generally for semi-automatic rifles and in particular AR-15s or M4s.

A company named Ashbury International Group makes modular stocks with rail systems for bolt-action rifles that is useful to use with night vision and laser designators, etc:

http://www.ashburyintlgroup.com/tacticalsystems/saber/Saber-FORSST.htm

There are probably similar stocks made by other companies, but I choose this one for reference.

Airsoft products can sometimes be difficult to differentiate from the real thing in pictures. Or even with real life equipment if one is not experienced. This is evident from people being duped into buying Trijicon or Aimpoint "discount" scopes and then finding out that they are imitation airsoft scopes that don't hold zero when fired with anyone that has some recoil, e.g. non-airsoft gun. I've seen this a lot at gun shows, etc.

Brad9999, that's how we learn, by asking questions. Don't get discouraged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my fear. Asking a question that brings down the mountain on me. I know nothing about AR's. I've shot one. I have a friend that just bought one a couple months back. Beyond that, I know nothing about them. I joined this site to learn more about them and ask questions (of which I am certain to ask some stupid ones if I have not already) so that I could make an educated purchase when I am ready to buy one.

I've read through a lot of threads on here and I have to admit that in many of them I've had to stop and wonder <span style="font-style: italic">"What the hell is that part they are talking about and what does it do?"</span> Yet I suppose that is part of the learning process. So far I have been responded to by helpful and respectful people. Did I get lucky and dodge the bullet? I can't imagine Murphy allowed that to happen... </div></div>
If you didn't get the WTF from the other guys then you must have asked a good question. I don't care if people know nothing and wish to learn its when you get the mindless questions like "magpul gear on a remington 700" It just makes it hard to pass up when the question is already at the bottom of the laughing list. A simple question that makes sense deserves an answer. The ones that make everyone reading them dumber does not. JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd love to see someone try and run a 700 with an AFG way out front and actually use the Magpul style stance while trying to work the action and all that, that would be some serious humor there.</div></div>

You might be surprised...I've seen people* run some damn weird stuff before in carbine competitions just for the sheer hell of it. I can definitely see someone giving it a shot, so to speak. It can't be any worse than the SBR'd Mosin-Nagant with Aimpoint and VFG, can it?

* <span style="font-size: 8pt"> And may have been That Guy once or twice with a WWII surplus battle rifle or two...</span>

I was thinking about this today. Someone with a rail on their stock for an atlas bipod stick an AFG on there. and chuck an aimpoint on top. then wonder why you did this