• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul M-Lok Tripod adapter

FishDr

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2014
    West KY
    Has anyone used these that can give a review or advice? Looking to develop a solution to mount a rifle to a Manfrotto 322 RC2 joystick head. Wondering if this would be better than multiple adapters stacked up to get to an ARCA rail. Thoughts are appreciated.

The above link is what I saw. The only review I’ve seen from actual user looks like pics and reads like an extended product description. I’ll include below. From the pics, they look like relatively light weight AR-type rifles he is using. I would do the same, but also interested in putting on a bit heavier precision bolt gun.

https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/magpul-m-lok-tripod-adapter-review/

Ive use one to takeout small critters around the property. Works pretty good.

Attachments

• FB215EA2-ADD7-4720-A4BC-4E4C35998C97.jpeg
      FB215EA2-ADD7-4720-A4BC-4E4C35998C97.jpeg
      392.2 KB · Views: 246
    Thank you. That’s what I was looking to use it on as well.

The problem with that style of tripod mounting is that you still get a lot of wiggle out of the connections. Before we developed our M-Lok Arca/RRS adapters, we shot quite a bit with the MagPul one listed above and found it okay, but not what we needed. From my experience, limited as it may be, reducing the number of connections between the rifle and tripod will get you more stability, and in the long run, more impacts down range.

Our current "go to" setup are SLIK PRO 700 legs, a leveling base (as opposed to the ball head) and an Arca/RRS QD clamp attached to one of our M-Lok Arca adapters. This setup will reduce wiggle, keep you on target and support rifle nearing 30 lbs! The other upside to running Arca/RRS is that you get almost infinite adjustability of accessories (especially bipods for tricky stages), which again can result in more impacts :D

-Josh

Reactions: Stpilot12
    The Magpul plate works real well with Manfrotto heads.
    We just came out with a Multiuse Arca RC2 Connector plate called the MARC-MLOK. Its an M-LOK solution for guys running both Manfrotto grip action heads and higher end Arca-Swiss heads or leveling bases. Another option to look at depending on your tripod kit.
    http://stores.hogsaddle.com/marc-m-lok-plate/

Reactions: Hshawn419